failing to upgrade for 6.0.10

keat

On Friday, I created a mirror image of my 6.0.10 site, and successfully performed an update to 6.1.7.

Yesterday, I tried to run the upgrade on the actual live site, but it hung during the process between 6.0.10 and 6.0.11.

Niether refresh or continue button made it progress any further.

So today back in the office, I recreated the mirror and tried again, and now to dummy run is also failing at the same point.

Nothing as far as I'm aware has changed on the server so why is the update now failing.

I am aware of leter versions failing to update, but not aware of 6.0.10 failing to update.

In all honesty, I performed a dummy run to 6.1.5 a few weeks back and held off for 6.1.6, so I know it will update

Any ideas

A bit of an update on this.

As I've no time coinstraints on a dummy site i left it running. After about 30 minutes, I crashed out returning an 'Internal Server Error' between 6.0.10 and 6.0.11

F5 refresh and it continued to the end.

However, now the databse is riddled with 'expecting primary' and the like, and whenever i try to do anything I'm seeing lots of CSRF errors.

I clearec everything down, re copied the 6.0.10 site and tried again.

It failed again between 6.0.10 and 6.0.11, and completed to the end.

Now the databse has no errors, but all categories appear empty.

I'm at a loss.

I tried a third time, it still timed out between 6.0.10 and 6.0.11. (it took about 20 minutes to time out) Then continued to the end.

Whether or not, something is missing, I don't know.

The site appears to operate, although the databse is full of those yellow errors. Maybe these are present in 6.0.10, but CC is not geared up to complain about them ??

And I think those CSRF errors, could have been down to me not logging in via https.

I'll try again tonight on the live site.

18 hours ago, keat said:

The site appears to operate, although the databse is full of those yellow errors. Maybe these are present in 6.0.10, but CC is not geared up to complain about them ?

The database checking tool was introduced in 6.1.5 - see 

At the moment there are a number of different issues being reported by lots of people with 6.1.7 and I would recommend not upgrading at the moment until these are investigated / fixed.

Ian