Needs to hide or move out of view some stats from the dashboard

Hi,

I need to hide or move out of view some stats given in the main page of the dashboard. This is purely for the simple reason that I am not the only one using the desktop and I do not want some people to see our annual and/or monthly sales.

I do want to keep the info but out of sight and for my eyes only :-).

What would you suggest I do ?

S.

As a Super User you see everything. Uncheck that for sure for those who should have limited access to info in admin.

I'm not the one to tell you how, but there should be a way to edit code to modify what information is available on stats and reports, based on not being a super user.

Thanks Dirty Butter. I do use the different functions of different admins and that works well when I am away. However, most of the time, I am in and I just free my desktop to someone who does all the orders preparation and dispatches. It would be a no sense to log out and in again especially as I also take orders over the phone and need access quickly to my screen so was thinking of (1) hiding the info but still accessible elsewhere or (2) render that section all white or (3) delete the appropriate coding (very last solution).

That was the solution I was going to recommend. An admin not having permission to see stats would not see those parts on the dashboard, nor those pages that are devoted to showing stats.

The next question is, how often do you need to see the stats? If not often, then you, yourself, should log in as an admin with no permission to see stats. Thus, nobody sees the stats. When you specifically do want to see them, open a new browser private window (Firefox can do this - do not know about other browsers) and log in as the super-user admin. The private window may have its own cookie repository that will not interfere with the login at the first window. View the stats, then log out.

I am so afraid of causing a disaster that I commented out the section in Maintenance that has the warning about clearing SEO URLs. Something like that should work.

How about comment out the Sales Report and Statistics in the dashboard navigation. Then bookmark the two pages in your browser. As long as you're logged in, they should load. There might be CSRF complaints, but if you refresh pages before you use them it should work.

admin/source/element.navigation.inc.php

storeurl/admin_XXX.php?_g=reports

storeurl/admin_XXX.php?_g=statistics

In admin/skins/default/templates/dashboard.index.php you can easily comment out the total sales graph.