[Resolved] Lots of ajax price format & 404 in stats - normal behaviour ?

sailing123

Hi

Gone live with V6 today and in my stats I noticed a lot of product URL with ajax price format like:

https://www.xxxx.com/xxx/old V4 URL.html?_g=ajax_price_format&price[0]=190»

When I click on the little arrow at the end of the URL, it opens a blank page on my site with the following text ["\u00a399.00"] . That text varies from time to time, ie ["\u00a358.00"]

Does anyone know why that is and is it normal behaviour ?

I also get so many index.php?_a=404, it is quite surprising and do wander why all these 404 error pages ?????

I am trying to assess whether some customers are struggling to access the website or something ....

Thanks for your help.

S.

Some things should not get logged. If the new logger logs everything, then the particular code that send the ajax request to the logger should prep the logger to ignore it.

The ajax request is made when viewing the Product page. There is the initial request, then another request is made after each change in choosing options. The return is a properly formatted JSON string that contains the currency symbol (unicode value) and price of the product having those options.

Thanks guys. The stats I refer to above are the ones from the REPORTING section, statistics, Users Online.

I have now also gone into the error logs under ADVANCE and there is a staggering > 4000 system error logs .... surely this is not normal ?

I moved from a 4.4.2 to 6.1.7.

Yes bmisther, you are right it is the price of the product.

I will ask Al tomorrow morning I think.

S.

Edited by sailing123

1 minute ago, sailing123 said:

I have now also gone into the error logs under ADVANCE and there is a staggering > 4000 system error logs .... surely this is not normal ?

That's what I thought you were talking about. It gets huge in a hurry now that so much more is being logged. Sadly, it IS normal for now. I've requested on GitHub that a choice to see all or just the warnings be added to make it less intimidating and more useful to the ordinary user (kind of like the Customers Online vs Bots and Customers).

4 minutes ago, sailing123 said:

I will ask Al tomorrow morning I think.

If you're on the support plan that makes good sense. But please, if you can, let us know what was wrong and how Al fixes it.

Update as you requested:

- Ajax format stats with Users Online - reply from Cubecart:
"CubeCart will store the last URL the user online clicked. If they change a product option it will make an ajax request and return the data. The code you see like "["\u00a3110.00"]" is just the price encoded that CubeCart then needs to update the master price. Honestly its nothing to be concerned with. Maybe you could argue that CubeCart shouldn't change the sessions current URL for ajax requests."

- index.php?_a=404 stats - reply from Cubecart: 

"CubeCart doesn't store the referring URL so its impossible to know what link they came from to get the 404. Over time Google Analytics may be able to help."

I have worked on that since, I also noticed that all images were now in a different folder so did a redirect for that and via Google webmaster, noticed that I had a few URLs going to 404 so addressed it. Nevertheless, I still get several 404's a day. I will keep an eye on it and address it as it comes I guess.

- system error logs:

That was an easy one. The debugger under Advanced store settings was still on. Turned it to disable, deleted the logs and all gone. Nothing back since. All sorted.