Import Catalogue

Trudy

Hi, I have setup my products with a retail and wholesale price, is there a way to import both prices? On my first import it put the wholesale price in as the sale price.

Would just save a lot of time if I didn't have to go back through and update the wholesale price manually.

The Catalogue Import function mostly loads up the CubeCart_inventory database table.

The inventory can hold values for the Retail, Sales, and Cost prices.

A wholesale price, or any other price structure, is held in a separate database table and is associated to a Customer Membership designation. Customers can also be assigned to a Membership designation. Thus, for a "Wholesale" designation, a wholesale customer will see wholesale prices.

Again, all this happens in a separate database tables that the Catalogue Import feature does not disturb.

Through the use of 'hooks' in CubeCart's code, one can possibly augment the Importer to deal with this. (I am unable to assist with this at the present time.)

15 hours ago, Trudy said:

I have setup my products with a retail and wholesale price, is there a way to import both prices? On my first import it put the wholesale price in as the sale price.

This is something can can be simply done from a csv file using phpMyAdmin.  Import the product code and two prices into a temporary table and then update the Inventory table from that

• 8 months later...