Basket Updating Issue(s)

lifegrains

Hi All,

I've tried looking for an answer to this to no avail and would greatly appreciate the expertise of someone who may know.

I've tried both showing the basket after selecting an item and staying on "x" product page after adding an item to the basket. Neither seems to matter.

When the first item goes to the basket - it shows the cost.

When going to the home page or any other on the site for that matter the basket icon does not register the total cost of items in the basket, but rather shows $0.00.

If I select a second item, the basket DOES NOT automatically update and the item does not appear.

When I move to another page, the basket does not automatically update either.

If I refresh the page, the basket will update.

What's going on? Though more importantly how can I fix this issue?

Thank you for the kind assistance. This is most frustrating.

Respectfully,

CJ

Some of what you describe could be caused by your browser not sending back the cookie. A related cause could be that PHP is not keeping a "session" alive for visitors.

Some other cause may be related to your hosting provider having an overly aggressive server-level caching mechanism.

May we have a web address to see this situation?

What CC version are you using? What version of the Minimaliser skin? Have you  been able to contact indrum.com?

May I suggest that you try the stock Foundation skin and see if you still have the same issues? You will need to clear all cache except images from admin>Maintenance. Also clear your browser cache - Ctrl/F5 usually works.

And you will have to do all that clearing again to go back to your own skin.

For the moment, until your domain name points to this hosting account, make an edit to /includes/global.inc.php:

Add these statements just above the very last line:

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://66.147.244.143/~lifegrai/cubecart';
$glob['standard_url'] = 'http://66.147.244.143/~lifegrai/cubecart';
$glob['ssl_url'] = 'https://66.147.244.143/~lifegrai/cubecart';
$glob['cookie_domain'] = '66.147.244.143';
$glob['rootRel'] = '/~lifegrai/cubecart/';

This will overrule what CubeCart thinks where it is at, which, with IP addresses, may not be accurate.

Plus, edit the .htaccess file so that references to the site say the IP address, and RewriteBase is /~lifegrai/cubecart/.

Edited by bsmither

I also found that the file 'cubecart.green.css' was not getting found.

CubeCart is setting the domain for the cookie as:

domain=.66.147.244.143

This is not correct. Note the leading period. The browser will not send back this cookie because it does not match the domain (actually, an IP address).

Adding the statements to the global.inc.php file will fix this.

Hi,

My apologies for the late reply. I've been dealing with some health issues (temporary, but annoying and intrusive.)

I will look over your notes and see how I may apply your suggestions as these are a bit beyond my ken at the moment.

I've a meeting with my business partner this week and will share this with him as well. He's a bit more adept at this sort of thing than I.

Thank you again and deeply appreciate your kind assistance.

Enjoy your weekend.

Respectfully,

Carl