Bulk print an invoice not working well, no page break

sailing123

Hi,

On the orders overview section, if you tick all your processed orders and then choose "don't change order status" followed by "print an invoice", we thought, we could gain a lot of time so that we could print all our invoices at once. However, there is an issue. The system does not include a page break between each invoice and therefore all our invoices came out all as one solid document.

I searched the forum for a solution but could not find any. Surely this must have been reported before ?

Thanks

S.

Hi,

Well, looking deeper into print.css of the orders.print.php and there is already a class for page-break but it is clearly not working. I have checked every single <div></div> to make sure all was correct and really it does make sense.

However, I managed to get a page break by inserting <p style="page-break-after:always;">&nbsp;</p> towards the end of my coding. I now get page breaks between each invoice but there is now a very strange behaviour happening.

When I checked my print view, all order id references of all invoices are now superposed on top of each other at the top of the document right of the main document at the exception of the oldest dated invoice. Also, all affected invoices have now lost their order ID in their invoice.  I hope you understand what I mean with the images below.

The first image is the oldest dated invoice of the group of invoices printed, followed by an example of the other invoices where the order ID is now missing as travelled onto the first invoice ????

print-view-1.thumb.jpg.f033225512f7fd498f89022217741e7a.jpgprint-view-2.thumb.jpg.020733053994ae853f77e078a9592c9a.jpg

There is already a <div class="page-break"> in the original print.css and it is not working (that's was what I was referring to in previous post). I have also tried to make a new div with a different name and add at the end of the page instead, did not work either .... only the <p> seems to create that break but then the order ids are all gathering, really I cannot understand how this can happen.

Sorry, does not work with me. Only when I use <p> at the end of order-print.php like below, do I get a page break with the order id displacement issue:

<p style="page-break-after:always;">&nbsp;</p>
  </div>

{/foreach}
  {/if}

</div>
</body>
</html>

I had to customise the order-print a fair bit so I think I will get a copy of the original one and see if your recommendation makes any difference. BTW I do not print labels, I print the whole invoice if you follow me.

Turning into a real headache now but thanks for your help. I will get to the bottom of it !!!

Well mine is so far from stock it's almost unrecognizable. I print the whole page and use Dazzle for shipping labels. I didn't even have the page break code in there.

It was a matter of getting the div's paired up correctly - my first few attempts had the break in the wrong place, thanks to a stray div.

Good luck!! I'll mark this as Resolved when it does what you want.