Changes in orders don't affect to inventory

Hello!

I found that if I, as an admin, make changes in an order (status 'Processing'), it doesn't affect to inventory.

For example, I remove a product from an order and stock for this product doesn't increase.

Is it feature or bug?

Edited by SergeiG

Sounds like a bug to me. I'll do some testing and be right back.

The same thing happened on a test order I carried to PayPal, but did not pay. I then changed the order from Pending to Processing. Then I deleted one item out of the order and adjusted s/h. The stock quantity of the deleted item did not go back to previous value.

I've never had a reason to try that.

Just to be sure we are on the same wavelength:

So they paid, changed their minds about wanting one item, and you refunded their payment for that part of the order. When you adjusted your order information on the Inventory tab to remove the canceled item, it did not add the item back to stock level.

35 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Sounds like a bug to me. I'll do some testing and be right back.

The same thing happened on a test order I carried to PayPal, but did not pay. I then changed the order from Pending to Processing. Then I deleted one item out of the order and adjusted s/h. The stock quantity of the deleted item did not go back to previous value.

I've never had a reason to try that.

Just to be sure we are on the same wavelength:

So they paid, changed their minds about wanting one item, and you refunded their payment for that part of the order. When you adjusted your order information on the Inventory tab to remove the canceled item, it did not add the item back to stock level.

You understand me absolutely correct. I have other reasons to change number of items in an order, but the general idea is same.

6 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

Al closed this as NOT being reproducible. I'll test again. Please do so as well.

I checked in 6.1.5. Here is the result.

Precondition inventory:

Item 1 - 10 pcs. / Item 2 - 10 pcs.

Step 1. Online order for Item 1 - 1 pcs.

Result inventory:

Item 1 - 9 pcs. / Item 2 - 10 pcs.

Order Status - Pending

Step 2. Manual changing in the backend. Change q-ty of Item 1 from 1 pcs to 2 pcs. Add Item 2 - 1 pcs. Press Save button

Order Status - Pending

Step 3. Change status from Pending to Processing.

Order Status - Processing

Step 4. Change status from Processing to Complete.

Order Status - Complete

In your stores settings when is the stock change time? Settings >> Stock (Tab) >> General Stock Settings >> "Reduce stock levels"

If it is set to pending then the stock won't change when the order status changes to Processing. If it is at Processing then something does seem wrong. 

49 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

In your stores settings when is the stock change time? Settings >> Stock (Tab) >> General Stock Settings >> "Reduce stock levels"

If it is set to pending then the stock won't change when the order status changes to Processing. If it is at Processing then something does seem wrong. 

Right now it's set to "Pending". And I did manual changes while an order had a pending status (step 2).

23 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

I see. I don't think there is any code to update stock from editing an order.

As I see, the engine update stock only if order's status changes to the specified in settings. And actually, it happens only one time for an order. Am I right?