Item name and price missed in order's confirm.e-mail

SergeiG

Hello!

Right now I use a set of Cubecart 6.1.5 + All in One Shipping 1.0.8 + Print Order Form 1.0.1 + Russian language pack . Some clients forwarded me back e-mails with confirmation of purchase (Pending status). These orders contains several items and inside e-mails some items showed as lines without item's name, without q-ty and with zero cost. Screenshot is attached. As an admin I saw these orders without any issues. When I changed a order's status on 'processing', these clients received new emails with 'proper' content.

email.jpg

Edited by SergeiG

This is a known issue, possibly caused by a cache problem or customers changing their minds and using the back button. I'll try to find some of the threads so you can read what others have said. No one has yet, as far as I can remember, been able to reproduce it so it can be resolved.

Here's the most recent one:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

This is a known issue, possibly caused by a cache problem or customers changing their minds and using the back button. I'll try to find some of the threads so you can read what others have said. No one has yet, as far as I can remember, been able to reproduce it so it can be resolved.

Here's the most recent one:

I'll try to set 'Stock Warning Level' to 0 for all goods...

Easy with a simple SQL query - run either via PHPMyAdmin or via CubeCart's admin panel under Maintenance->Query Database:

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET use_stock_level=0;

There shouldn't be any need to change the stock warning level as the use_stock_level setting controls all of that at a higher level.

15 minutes ago, bsandall said:

Easy with a simple SQL query - run either via PHPMyAdmin or via CubeCart's admin panel under Maintenance->Query Database:

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET use_stock_level=0;

There shouldn't be any need to change the stock warning level as the use_stock_level setting controls all of that at a higher level.

Hmm... I have thought that use_stock_level field control the necessity to change stock level due to orders? Am I wrong?

It controls all of that stuff, yes, so you are faced with an unfortunate choice: either stop tracking stock while waiting for this issue to be sorted or you have the possibility of weird order emails showing up.

The first choice is fixable via SQL, though due to some issues where stock level does not go back up (which you have noticed in another thread), your stock levels are probably wrong anyway.

Stock warning levels are responsible for the messages you see in the admin panel when you are running low on stock of an item.

If you go with the first choice, make a note of the last order prior to updating your products' use_stock_level setting. Once the issue gets sorted and you re-enable it (run the same query but change the 0 to 1, assuming all of your products use stock levels), you can run a query to find out how many of each product was sold between now and then and another to adjust the stock levels.

If it comes to that, I can post the SQL for such queries here.

8 minutes ago, bsandall said:

It controls all of that stuff, yes, so you are faced with an unfortunate choice: either stop tracking stock while waiting for this issue to be sorted or you have the possibility of weird order emails showing up.

The first choice is fixable via SQL, though due to some issues where stock level does not go back up (which you have noticed in another thread), your stock levels are probably wrong anyway.

Stock warning levels are responsible for the messages you see in the admin panel when you are running low on stock of an item.

If you go with the first choice, make a note of the last order prior to updating your products' use_stock_level setting. Once the issue gets sorted and you re-enable it (run the same query but change the 0 to 1, assuming all of your products use stock levels), you can run a query to find out how many of each product was sold between now and then and another to adjust the stock levels.

If it comes to that, I can post the SQL for such queries here.

Thank you for advices. Right know I would prefer to control stock automatically (I have too much goods by 1 item), but if I find that number of broken letters is too high, I'll follow your advice and disable it.

Sorry, but I've said this many times before and I'll stick my nose out and say it again.

I fail to see how this issue is caused by stock levels.

99.999% of the items in my cart are marked as infinitum, and stock level is configured to reduce upon order complete.

Only when an item physically goes out of stock, do we manually mark it as such.

This issue is still occuring with me on 6.1.7