[Resolved] Upgrade Issue

Hi guys I clicked on the upgrade to the newer version of cubecart and got a message to upgrade manually using FTP so I figured I do it later. But since then I haven't been able to login to the website. I keep getting the attached error message. Might it have created a new login URL and if so how do i access it?

login problem.JPG

Maybe you dipped your toe farther in the water than you thought you did. It DOES sound like it tried to do an automatic upgrade (thank goodness that is supposed to work from now on once you can get 6.1.7 installed correctly).

Please take a look at your file structure via FTP or your host's FileManager. Look at the folders/files at your store root level. That's the level that has the includes folder in it.

Do you have admin.php AND another file that looks like admin_XXX.php where the XXX's are random characters?

Also, as well as needing to know what your current version is, as Bsandall asked, - are you on SSL?

Hi Rosemary,

I have an Admin folder and Admin folder with random characters. 

Niall

Hi Rosemary 

I have the Admin Folder and Admin folder with random characters and I have admin php files and admin php with characters too. I don't know if it means anything but the characters on the admin folder are different from the admin php files. 

I was on version 6.1.6 and was upgrading to 6.1.7

If I upload the new version manually via FTP, should that correct the problem?

Niall

OK - that's the problem. But what version were you on already?

As for the admin mess - you are certainly not the only one who has dealt with it.

Take a look in includes/global.in.php and see what naming is there for admin.php and the admin folder. THAT is the good file/folder.

Assuming it's admin_XXX.php that is good - try to login to your admin area using the XXX naming.

Must be secure version if you have SSL enabled - https://storeurl/admin_XXX.php

Whatever the obfuscated admin naming is - DO NOT share your naming here - just XXX it out if you share code or screenshots.

If you did the upgrade manually, then you should not have had the admin.php file and /admin directory (you should have renamed these in your local copy first to match your installed store).  So you should check the dates on the admin _XXXXXX.php file and also the files within the /admin_XXXXXX directory to make sure they have been updated to the 6.1.7 versions

Ian