[Resolved] Shop no update

We are a green laning club I took over the shop about a year ago at version 4 as it had not been touched for ages I updated it by the update button to version 6 and have been updating it the same way every time it states an update is available, I run the shop I should not need nor do I have server access.

Kind regards

Russell.

I know that is what I have worked out. So basically this shop has a problem that the update button no longer works and if you have no server access you have no means of updating that is a very sad state of affairs and a massive backwards step, come on code writers this has been a known problem for a while I belive so when are you going to sort out the problem that you caused, it has become my problem but I have no means to fix it, so I need to rely on you.

Kind regards

Russell.

The upgrade bug has been fixed in 6.1.7, but that is not going to help you right now. And it's easily dealt with to upgrade to 6.1.7 if you had server access. I understand that you came on board to run the site, not to be involved with the code or hosting. But somebody did have access in some way back when the site was first created. If you can provide that way to access your file structure you can pay to have someone else manually upgrade this one time for you. That's why I asked if you could contact your host about getting that access.

Thanks for your help, I understand what you say if I can get to 6.1.7 the bug is fixed but a correct fix would be to be able to click the update button not manually get to 6.1.7 to get the update button working again, as stated earlier the people writing the code broke the code but now it is my problem to get it fixed, which I find wrong, there should be a patch or something that can be run as admin for people like me. Not manually update requiring server access.

Russell.

Have heard nothing back from this developer mentioned above, however I have managed to get access to cpanel so does this mean that I can now do my upgrade to fix my shop. I have read the instructions I understand upload all expanded files from zip and overwrite existing, the bit I find lacking is how to run setup do you click a file in the setup directory or what please could you explain that and I will give it a go.

Thanks in advance.

Russell.

Be sure you have ALL your files backed up and your database, too.

After you have the 6.1.7 zip uploaded and extracted to the store root:

Then in your browser run your store url/setup. Be sure to choose upgrade. Make sure there is no warning about a server setting that would be an issue. That's not likely since you are on 6.1.5.

When you finish, the last screen will caution you to use the admin_XXX file and folder naming. And to login with https if you use SSL.

Only had 3 items in my store when updated, so added a dozen or so more yesterday no problem. Added one item this morning and it showed up in the shop but when clicked it just returned http500 error, reloaded and deleated reinstalled item but same problem.

The fix in the end was to click force upgrade button.

Hopefully just a one off.

Kind regards

Russell.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...