[Resolved] Unable to edit cart content (403 error)

wbs1969

Today I tried to update stock levels and other content in the cart and I am receiving this error:

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

I had edited content as recently as 2 weeks ago with no problem.

I upgraded to 6.1.7, but the problem was the same before and after the upgrade.

Is there something I can do to fix this problem without contacting the web host?

Any help would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 2.39.16 PM.png

Edited by Dirty Butter
screenshot removed for security reasons

@Dirty Butter

What was your previous version that also had this issue?

Do you have the error_log? If so, what do you get when you attempt this?

Yes - it is quite long, but here is a snippet:

[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `item_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_seo_urls' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `path` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_seo_urls' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `type` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_seo_urls' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `item_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_seo_urls' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `path` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_seo_urls' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `doc_parent_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_documents' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `doc_status` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_documents' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `navigation_link` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_documents' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `name` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_config' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `status` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_inventory' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900
[07-May-2017 17:48:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  `featured` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_inventory' table! in /home/swankcak/public_html/confectionerschoice/classes/db/database.class.php on line 900

Also, please check the permissions on templates, images, and admin folders.

All the permissions seem to be 755 or 644

@havenswift-hosting

I have sent a message to my web host, however they are not always quick to respond.

58 minutes ago, wbs1969 said:

Apparently it was a ModSecurity rule.

My webhost has fixed it.

Thank you for your replies.

You are welcome !  "Fixing it" will mean they whitelisted that rule which is the easiest way to stop the problem and sometimes is the only way but you should understand what the rule was that was tripping and why - whitelisting that rule removes that protection from your site.