Add PDF file to product description

Darren Rogers

Hi, this question has been answered before, but the solution did not work for me.

I wish to add a PDF file to my Products description so that when a browser is looking at my products "description" they have the option to click on a hyperlink to download it. Previous solctions said to use File Manager -> Downloads and then knowing the pathname /files you could link to it from there.

This appears to be for Digital Downloads though, which results in a file permission error. Because my customer will be browsing a non-digital product I wish to provide the ability to download a PDF file without having to buy a digital download.

Can anyone help? Or am I overlooking something really simple.

Thanks.

If you don't have 6.1.7, using FTP, dump the pdf file in the root of your store. (or any folder of your choice)

In the admin side, edit the product description and type a phrase along the lines... Download PDF here

Highlight that phrase, then click on the chainlink icon.

Input the aboslute file path in the dialoge box.  https://www.yourdomain.com/yourfile.pdf and save your changes.