Different prices for user profiles in matrix

rSanjoSEO

Good Morning.

I use 2 user profiles: retailers and end customers.

With the normal products I have no problems, but when there are variants, I see that I can only put a price for each option in the matrix.

Is there no option to be able to set one price for retailer and another for final customer in the array of options?

Not at this time - customer group pricing is only handled at the entire product level, not at the options level.

While perhaps not ideal for your situation, the simplest solution is to break products with significant variants into multiple products, one for each variant whose prices you need to manage at the customer level.

Thank you very much @bsandall. If there is no other option would do so.

I am currently passing through a script the data I have in a database for the creation of products and could make that change with ease, but it is not appropriate at the level of SEO, since it would duplicate the description of products with Options.

I've run into that same issue, and what I decided to do was to always include the product code in both the long and short descriptions so that product variants will at least not have completely identical descriptions.

Now I'm no expert on SEO algorithms, but it doesn't seem to have hurt our store rankings; that may be because the other stores in our line of business have the same problem, or it may be that it is no longer penalized as heavily as it once was. I'm not the one to ask. :(

• Like 1

It should be possible to use the descriptions as a place to designate as retail or wholesale, as well as the different product codes. That would add to the differences in the two products. You should be able to tell if Google fusses by checking the Webmaster Tools>your store>Search Appearance on the left column>HTML Improvements.

• Like 1