[Resolved] Move Cubecart from root folder to subfolder

joelmalach

If you have SSL enabled login to the admin side of the store. Go to "Settings" then the SSL tab. Update the paths to reflect the new one. Once done create the folder you want to move it to. Select all the files with an FTP client and move them to the new folder. Empty the stores cache folder. All should be fine. 

• Like 1

Hi - thanks for your responses.

Al - I don't have SSL. Can you let me know the process for a non-SSL site please 

Noodleman. If I delete the .htaccess file, does Cubecart create a new one automatically?

Thanks

It does create a new one for you, as long as the new directory has the correct permissions. If you have made any modifications to your .htaccess file you should take a backup of it first so you can re-apply those changes to the newly generated file.

• Like 1

Update

Thanks for your help guys. I have now moved Cubecart to a subfolder

Just to explain for those with a non-SSL site, simply create a new folder in your root, e.g. shop

Delete the .htaccess file in your root (don't forget to save any amendments you've made to the .htaccess file yourself and create a new one with just your entries)

Move all the files and folders from your root to the new folder

The only other thing I did was go to Advanced, Maintenance and clicked rebuild sitemap. I think this is what forced Cubecart to rebuild the new .htaccess file

For some reason, I had to upload some of the images again, but apart from that it went seamlessly