Custom Skin to work with the new recaptcha stuff

Kira

I saw in the update notes for the new version that it says if you have a support account they will help you with this. I don't think I have any support credits left from when I bought cubecart a few years ago.. It's my understanding it would cost me 60 a month plus 70 set up fee to get support now? Is this right?

Anyhow.. is there a way to get my custom skin that I bought from someone to work with the new version of cubecart and the recaptcha without costing me that much money? Sadly I can't afford 130 dollars right now.

My store looks pretty sad right now. It was so pretty before. :( www.cutebykira.com

Oh and the people who I bought the skin from are unresponsive to my emails. :(

Support for one month doesn't cost that much. I'll be back after I've taken a look.

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

Anyhow.. is there a way to get my custom skin that I bought from someone to work with the new version of cubecart and the recaptcha without costing me that much money? Sadly I can't afford 130 dollars right now.

It is possible to use file compare software and compare each file in the templates files and merge your edits. Possible does NOT mean easy, particularly if you're not accustomed to fiddling with the code.

Do you have any screenshots of your "nice looking" store?

I'm making an assumption I shouldn't have about merging code - was your custom skin a v6 skin based on Foundation?

No, it was much lower than that. my husband could never update my website because all of the stuff they sold me wouldn't work if he tried to upgrade. we finally got to the point where ihad to upgrade. I'm sure I have some screen shots somewhere. Let me look.

He says it was for v5

Trying to find better pictures.. this is an error code someone sent me on my facebook page. Still looking.

13394193_10208855017506400_5857121494724537398_n.jpg

Capture.jpg

Wish I had a picture of the storefront itself but ican't find one. Just saw how much I paid for this skin and several other mods I bought. Sure wish I could just keep using them. :/

I'm pretty sure it was this theme: http://www.modsindex.com/cubecart-skins/cubecart-5/bc-mobile-premium-cubecart-5-theme/prod_11.html and then he charged me to make it pink.. i realize the link doesn't work, but just in case that helps any.

I've spent the last few days testing SemperFiWebServices new Custom Foundation 5 skin, which is a customizable from within Admin Foundation skin for v6 stores. If you can find several screenshots as a pattern for yourself you might be able to get a similar look.

As for whatever bells and whistles you had been using on v5 - they won't work on v6. Hopefully some of them are now stock code.

https://www.semperfiwebservices.com/custom-foundation-5-skin.html

Not sure if he's also keeping this one up to date:

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/skins/zoho-skin

Another skin that appears to have a developer who is keeping it up to date:

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/skins/galaxy-x-premium-skin

This one has a free plugin that also makes some edits available from within Admin, rather than by editing code.

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/skins/retail-therapy-skin

Are there pictures or something in your post? I had to scroll really far down, but i can't see anything.

I can make it pink? it sounds like I can, but I can't really no for sure.

Do they install the skin for you or do you have to do it yourself?

My husband does stuff for me sometimes but he's kind of done now at this point because of all the wasted money and things the last mod guys did to my website.

I paid for several mods from them. They were all done as hooks and they told me they would continue to work with newer versions of cubecart.. is that just not true?

My husband said someone installed a "backdoor" on my website and we think that is how it got messed up. Not sure who did it or what exactly it was.. but eventually my website just broke completely. I couldn't take any sales on it or access the admin panel.. so we are recovering from that. :/

This is the mod they made for me that I am most concerned about. It was really nice. It allowed users to just click on this image on the 'thank you for your order' page and download their designs.

cubecartskinexample1.jpg

Sorry - have no idea how that space go in there!

Installing skins is easy. Getting the look you want is the hard part. Most developers will have a nominal install charge, but they will install for you. But getting the look you want requires time, and that's going to cost. But you can use YOUR time and get it done yourself. That has the advantage that you learn a bit about how it works.

You would be up and running from the start and could slowly change from the default to your pink look.

1 minute ago, Dirty Butter said:

Sorry - have no idea how that space go in there!

Installing skins is easy. Getting the look you want is the hard part. Most developers will have a nominal install charge, but they will install for you. But getting the look you want requires time, and that's going to cost. But you can use YOUR time and get it done yourself. That has the advantage that you learn a bit about how it works.

You would be up and running from the start and could slowly change from the default to your pink look.

Right. It was weird! lol

That makes sense. I'm wondering if it would be easier for me to try to get the old skin to work with v6?

Not sure if you saw the latest part I added about the mod... I might need to post that elsewhere. At least I have a picture of exactly what I'm looking for.

cubecartskinexample1.jpg

13 hours ago, Kira said:

They were all done as hooks and they told me they would continue to work with newer versions of cubecart.. is that just not true?

My husband said someone installed a "backdoor" on my website and we think that is how it got messed up. Not sure who did it or what exactly it was.. but eventually my website just broke completely. I couldn't take any sales on it or access the admin panel.. so we are recovering from that. :/

Plugins do not get overwritten during upgrades but there is no guarantee that they wont need to be updated with updates to core CubeCart - quite often changes made to core affect plugins which causes a bug or stop them from working completely.  That is why you should always get plugins (and skins which can also be affected) from active developers that update their products regularly.

Previous versions of CubeCart had a few serious security issues which if not patched (or upgraded) immediately could easily have allowed hackers access to your store - that sounds like what happened to you.

Ian