Multiple prices for same item

cpierrep

Hi folks

wonder if someone has any suggestions/recommendations in this regard:

I sell a number of ebooks (some on Cd) through my store. To make my life (& pricing) easier, I have a single price for postage, independent of where the item has to go ( and if postage exceeds what I've worked on, I absorb the difference). Seeing that most of my products are digital, there has not really been an issue. However, one of the authors on whose behalf I market the books, wants to charge different prices based on destination (local vs overseas, and the difference is substantial). So, the question is whether CC can be "edited" so as to allow the display of 2 or 3 prices per item (eg $15 inc postage to US, $20 inc postage to Europe and $10 for local postage).

I had wondered if it would be possible to just use a postage option at the time of checkout, but shipping will also change based on the number of items the purchaser ends up purchasing - and often people do not tick the shipping box .

Many thanks

Colin

shipping is calculated at checkout based on rules from your shipping modules, so it's going to be a little tricky to show the differences at the product level, especially if your customer isn't logged in and made location data available.

you could set my per product shipping module and set your current flat rate shipping module as the default.
https://www.noodleman.co.uk/link-cubecart-products-to-specific-shipping-services.html

Then, setup the all-in-one module with your rates for various destinations, and link those products which need to use those rules to the all-in-one module. It should all calculate correctly at checkout.

There may be other solutions available, but this is the one I use for these type of scenarios.