Add Custom Text To Gateway / Choose Payment Method Page

Daamon

Hi,

I want to add some custom text to the [host]/shop/index.php?_a=gateway page - see attached for page, and where I want to insert the text.

Which file(s) do I need to edit to do this? I've had a search in the forums and a look in the cPanel files but can't find anything.

Cheers.

ChoosePmtMethod.PNG

You can change the phrase "Choose Payment Method", to include the additional text you may require, but I see that you may have already changed this anyway.

I'l hazard a guess that any edits would need to be in skins/yourskin/templates/content.gateway.php

but this only a guess on my behalf i'm afraid

• Like 1

Is this something you want to add above all gateway choices, or each one separately?

For above all try this in content.checkout.php:

<ul class="no-bullet center" id="gateway_error">
<h3>Above All</h3>

{foreach from=$GATEWAYS item=gateway}

If it's something separate you want, it would have to be in the plugin code somewhere.

• Like 1

@keat Thanks for replying - I'll check out that file and see what's in there. I've not changed any text in the screen shot I posted - the text inside the red ring (and the ring itself) were a crude MSPaint edit of the screenshot.
You say "You can change the phrase "Choose Payment Method", to include the additional text you may require" - can you share how please? Thanks.
@Dirty Butter Thanks for replying. Yes, I would like some custom text above all gateway choices (in our case, only PayPal). I'll take a look in the file you mention.

I'll get back with my findings and results. Cheers both!

Editing the skins/yourskin/templates/content.gateway.php did the trick - thanks @keat!

@Dirty Butter Adding in that code the file you suggesteddidn't work - no text appeared (I may have put the code in the wrong place) and it also caused the page to fail to load - just blank .

Yeah, we're still on 6.0.12 (I know, I know...)

I also included the {foreach from=$GATEWAYS item=gateway} - I suspect maybe I shouldn't have? It was approaching midnight my time when I was doing it...

I think I tried it without that and it still didn't work. Where (which line) should I have inserted it?

Try adding YOUR REQUIRED TEXT as follows in skins/yourskin/templates/content.gateway.php

<div class="row">
         <div class="small-12 columns">YOUR REQUIRED TEXT
            <ul class="no-bullet center" id="gateway_error">
               {foreach from=$GATEWAYS item=gateway}