[Resolved] Duplicate category in sale mode

Richard1967

Have a look in admin/documents to see if you have a sale items document listed if so switch it off. Looks like you have created your own sales items page. When  you put the shop in sales mode it generates its own.

If you have removed the tick from the Visible checkbox on the Sales Category it shouldn't be showing. If the option is definately unticked you could try clearing the cache in maintenance. Failing that it might be skin issue.

OK - we'll try a different attack. Go to the Products page in Admin. Near the right top is a drop down for your categories. See if anything is there for a Sale category or subcategory.

Also, go to each of those two sale items that should not be on sale and make sure they are not marked as being in some unexpected category or on sale.

Ive just added a Sale Item category to a clean install and then put the store in Sales mode. I now have two Sale Items links on the menu. Cubecart will name a duplicate category with a C and the number of the category in my case sale-items-c2.html. Maybe the easiest way to solve this is to delete the Sale Items category altogether,

OH!!!

I'm just now realizing that you are CREATING a Sales Category.  CubeCart creates one automatically when you put a sale price on an item, if you have the Store Settings set to Per Product. Since CC won't let two categories have the same url - it is automatically adding the xxC to the url.

I do have a year round Clearance Category that I choose what to put in. But when I have some items on sale, they show as Sale Items because they have a price in the Sale Price.

Just for information futher to this. I have one item Price 10.00 with Sale Price of 6.99. If you then set the store to Global Sales mode say 10% then the sale price becomes 9.00 and not 6.99 so something to watch out for, This can be a problem for some store owners and has been covered in the forum previously but don't think a solution was found.