[Resolved] USPS Shipping Module wont offer options for Russia

twistedsymphony

I'm located in the USA and I'm using the USPS Shipping module. I have a customer from Russia  who is receiving this message when attempting to check out:

The following errors were detected:

• Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

For reference the package weight  is 0.75 lbs with dimensions of 10inx6inx4in

and is being shipped to Moscow 123007

NO OTHER CUSTOMERS are having this problem. I do a lot of shipments of this size all over the world without problems but this is the first customer I've had from Russia so I'd suspect it has to do with that.

In the module configuration "Russian Federation" is listed in the "allowed zones" list and it is not on the "restricted zones" list.

----

Now USPS does allowing shipping to Russia but they do not allow "click-n-ship" labels for Russia generated through their official website; they must be filled out in person. so I'm wondering if maybe there is a flag somewhere that is causing the app to not calculate the shipping cost.

Any better understanding of what's going on would be appreciated.

35 minutes ago, twistedsymphony said:

Now USPS does allowing shipping to Russia but they do not allow "click-n-ship" labels for Russia generated through their official website; they must be filled out in person. so I'm wondering if maybe there is a flag somewhere that is causing the app to not calculate the shipping cost.

Sounds like the flag is on the USPS side. Look in the Admin Dashboard>Advanced>Request Log. Be sure to hide your USERID if you share any info from there.

• Like 1

the error being returned is "Invalid Country Name"

Response received
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <IntlRateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147218043</Number><Source>;IntlRateV2.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>Unable to calculate international postage. No services available. Invalid Country Name</Description><HelpFile/><HelpContext/></Error></Package></IntlRateV2Response> 

Russia is listed as "Russian Federation" in the USPS Plugin country list.

All of the country names are provided by the plugin, AFAIK I can't change them.

EDIT:
it seems the country list in the plugin is borrowed from the " countries/zones" list in cube cart... I changed "Russian Federation" to "Russia" and now it's providing postage options for Russia!

Edited by twistedsymphony