Alternative

Can someone recommend an alternative to cubecart that will import my stock etc as I feel that cubecart has so lost it's way. I could not upgrade last time from 6.1.1 to 6.1.7 but was told 6.1.7 would fix this if I upgraded manually, now 6.1.8 out and I have the same problem, fed up with this now and would rather change to a working upgradable shop even if it means a monthly payment. The real problem with cubecart is that since it stopped charging there appears to be a big push on paying for some one to update your site and this problem feels very convenient. 

Bored now and wish to leave.

Kind regards

Russell.

I deleted my last response because I don't feel the need to explain the technicalities as to how the problems with the auto upgrade tool came about.

What I will say is that I am very aware of the long term damage issues like can create which can massively out weigh any perceived short term gains in upgrade service sales.

I hope you can restore your own faith in the world and trust that we are not a dishonest organisation.

I might make a formal announcement about this because OP is not the only user who believes we intentionally introduce bugs to boost support sales.

CubeCart is really very stable now but a few of the recent releases have had issues especially around the upgrade tool. Over the last week we have made changes to our release schedule and we now have a developer preview release a week before final. Hopefully issues like the auto upgrade tool bugs will get spotted and fixed before final.

I would also like to introduce QA on every resolved issue. By this I mean that every resolved issue or new feature is assigned to a different staff member for testing before being signed off. Sadly at this moment in time we just do not have the resources to be able to do that.

Hopefully with these responses you can gain a little confidence that we are not losing our way.

We have also just launched https://features.cubecart.com allowing users to submit and rate feature requests. The idea here is that we can then be in a much better position to have a clearer future development roadmap.

My working life is 100% dedicated to making CubeCart better and better.

I didn't mean anything negative toward you. It was just that I tried to help people who didn't understand how to fix the admin renaming situation. And my level of abilities isn't in the same league with Bsmither and others. People would have received better help here if Bsmither had been here. That's not anyone's fault - it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

On 6/1/2017 at 0:12 PM, Al Brookbanks said:

then had a good long think about why I continue this project at all. 

Because CubeCart is a great product and most people that use it, love it !

The developer's release should help if enough people actually use it although I would suggest that a week will not be long enough for a functional release, especially for developers that would like to validate their plugins and skins against the new release.  It would be great if the developers release could be available via the admin auto upgrade so the actual upgrade functionality can also be tested. This could be controlled by a setting that would show either developer or stable releases.

56 minutes ago, havenswift-hosting said:

It would be great if the developers release could be available via the admin auto upgrade so the actual upgrade functionality can also be tested.

Without this part it doesn't seem like the developer release would have caught the admin upgrade issues from a few versions ago.