[Resolved] Upgrade now button v 6.1.7

Hi,

Some weeks ago I solved the upgrade from 6.1.1 to 6.1.7 manually after advice here, I am now getting the version warning that 6.1.8 is available but when I click the upgrade button nothing happens. Hovering over the upgrade now button shows "click to close" and nothing happens but the warning goes, yet if I right click on the button and copy and paste the link it takes me to my upgrade page where it says the version is up to date but it isn't , I am puzzled?

Regards,

Paul

I'm puzzled too. Look in your ini.inc.php file in the root of your store. Scroll down about 20 lines or so, and there's a place that shows what version you are on. Also look on the Store Details  tab on the Dashboard, and see what version it shows there. The last place to look is in the database file history.

Hi,

Thanks for answering, in my ini.inc.php.php file I can only see a 6.1.7 zip file no other version showing.

store settings

CubeCart Version

my backups are both showing 6.1.7 too. it also states I am running the most current version, yet when I boot up every day it is saying I need to upgrade! 

I was way off on the line number in ini.inc.php. It's on line 52.

/************* CUBECART SPECIFIC SETTINGS *************/
define('CC_VERSION', '6.1.7');     // Version Number

Can you look in the database and see if the CubeCart_system_error_log table has a column for time?

/************* CUBECART SPECIFIC SETTINGS *************/

define('CC_VERSION', '6.1.7');     // Version Number

define('CC_INI_SET', true);      // Stop includes and the like from being executed on their own

define('CC_DS', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);   // Depreciated but kept for backward compatibility

define('CC_PS', PATH_SEPARATOR);

sorry but I don't know where or how to access the database.

Afraid it is still the same, click the upgrade and it just disappears, copy paste the upgrade link and it takes me to my upgrade page where it says  Your store is currently using the latest version and no updates are available .the only option then is to "restore current version"

The only thing I can think of is that something is still not correct with your 6.1.7 install. If your code is stock, without customized edits, I would suggest you change the ini.inc.php file back to 6.1.7 and run the Restore Current Version. Hopefully that will correct whatever the issue is.

I have full access to my files if that is what you mean, I followed the instructions for the manual upgrade from 6.1.1 to 6.1.7 and it seemed to work with a minor hiccup in between the versions, don't know what it was but it is running ok 

thankyou for your help so far, if you could explain the manual install I would be grateful.

Paul

Edited by priory
spelling error

There was a change in how tabs are created that causes some minor issues. This may be one of those. I think they've all been found by now, but not sure if it was in 61.8, or what will become 6.1.9.

Backup your files for now by downloading via FTP.

More importantly - please be sure the next time you show any of your install information that you take your admin_whatever naming and edit it to admin_XXX. Otherwise all these CC efforts to hide your admin folder and file naming is in vain. I've edited it for you.