Error upgrading from V4 site

@difonzo Is the front end of your store functional?

Do you have access to your database and directories with cPanel or something similar?

If so, please look in includes/global.inc.php and see what the admin_XXX.php file and the admin_XXX folder are named. Do NOT share the actual XXX part on the forum.

Try to login to your store url/admin_XXX.php

Have you created the error_log?

Thanks for the quick response! I can see exactly what the admin folder is named, as well as adminfile. I can't log in to the admin site - that's where I get the communication error box stating

Software License Error #12

Communication Error.

includes/extra folder exists and is writable.
includes/extra/key.php doesn't exist!
Note: The key.php file can be deleted at anytime and the store will attempt to regenerate it. Your software license key is held in the includes/global.inc.php file.

Solution:

There has been a connectivity issue attempting to license your store. Please contact your hosting company to make sure either 'cURL' or 'fsockopen' is enabled on the server or if your site is behind a proxy server. If it is behind a proxy server you will need to edit the admin.php file with the proxy address and port provided by your hosting company. If this issue remains please contact CubeCart technical support with FTP access to your store so that our staff can investigate this further. If you see an error message below please speecify this also in order to help us resolve this quickly for you.

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0)

:

when I try to p[en the store, I get:

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/classes/db/db.php on line 42 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/functions.inc.php on line 1094 Warning: include(language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 51 Warning: include(language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 51 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'language//config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.5.22-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 51 Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/boxes/categories.inc.php on line 48 Warning: require(language//home.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 44 Warning: require(language//home.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 44 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'language//home.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.5.22-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 44

I followed your instructions for the error log, and I get no white page, and the log has no errors

One last try if you have the patience... OK, after a bit of "work" I now get this on the main site:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/functions.inc.php on line 1094 Warning: include(language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 51 Warning: include(language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 51 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'language//config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 51 Warning: require(language//home.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 44 Warning: require(language//home.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 44 Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'language//home.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 44

and THIS on the admin page:

Warning: include(/hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/controllers/controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/admin.php on line 29 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/controllers/controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.29-amd64/lib/php') in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/admin.php on line 29 Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2814/pow.nukefizz/htdocs/store/admin.php on line 31

Thanks in advance!