Edit text on the shopping cart or checkout page

Hello, can someone point me in the right direction on where to find the file to edit the text on my checkout page.
I would like to add something above or below "Your Shopping Basket"
I think I have looked at every file, but I just can't find it.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1 month later...

CubeCart uses templates, and the templates have language {$placeholders}. Each {$placeholder} is replaced by the appropriate phrase when the template is 'rendered'. This allows for the same template to be populated with different languages.

So, you won't find the actual phrase that you see in your browser (as this is a final-rendered template). The 'key' to the phrase is as mentioned earlier: {$LANG.checkout.your_basket}.

But you need to know that CubeCart "caches' a template at a step that is mid-point in the rendering process - repeating sections, if/else sections, etc.

Therefore, you may be successfully editing a template, but the template rendering engine is still using the internally cached mid-render copy.

Try this: in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, disable Caching. This should stop the rendering engine from using the cached templates, showing immediately the changes being made to the source templates. Re-enable the caching when finished.

OK - so I am editing this line:
<h2>{$LANG.checkout.your_basket}</h2>

Where do I put the actual words that I want displayed? Inside the brackets? In new brackets?

Note: Whenever I edit the words within the bracket - the whole phrase "Your Shopping Basket" disappears.

Maybe you can advise a different way to achieve this.

I want to add text that advises that we wouldn't be shipping an order until a certain date. See image.

example.jpg

In the template content.checkout.php:

Near line 17, find:

{include file='templates/content.checkout.medium-up.php'}
   {include file='templates/content.checkout.small.php'}

Change to:

<h3>NOTE: Orders are not shipped until XX date</h3>

• 4 years later...

Yes I have edited the language file and it is now showing at check out but I want it on the line below "Your Shopping Basket"

This is what I have done.

<h3>LANG.NOTE:If you ordered a DOWNLOAD the link will be emailed to you within a few minutes, Check your INBOX and also SPAM/JUNK folder</h3>

From what I see in the Basix template content.checkout.php:

There is this:
	<h2 class="content-title">{$LANG.checkout.your_basket} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="pull-right"><i class="fas fa-trash"></i> <span class="hidden-xs">{$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</span></a></h2>

{foreach from=$ITEMS key=hash item=item}

Change to:

<h2 class="content-title">{$LANG.checkout.your_basket} <a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&empty-basket=true" class="pull-right"><i class="fas fa-trash"></i> <span class="hidden-xs">{$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</span></a></h2>
	<h3>If you ordered a downloadable product, the link to it will be emailed to you within a few minutes. Check your INBOX and also SPAM/JUNK folder.</h3>
	{foreach from=$ITEMS key=hash item=item}

The two {include file} statements are not part of the original Basix template code.