Lost Category

Mal99

Hi after spending umpteen hours scanning images to upload to a category when i imported the first list and reloaded the page that category was not showing. 

The SEO path specified is already in use with another item. A unique one has been specified for you. Please check and amend if necessary.

But the category is not showing.

as i would like to add a number of subcategorys. 

I think the 'SEO Path' message is irrelevent to your issue.

For starters, take a look in PHP MyAdmin, and see if you can locate the category.

Take a note of it's category_id and cat_parent_id

the root category, will be cat_parent_id = 0

15 hours ago, keat said:

I think the 'SEO Path' message is irrelevent to your issue.

For starters, take a look in PHP MyAdmin, and see if you can locate the category.

Take a note of it's category_id and cat_parent_id

the root category, will be cat_parent_id = 0

The main problem i see is i make the category and save it but it is not showing..

I went into php myadmin and removed the ones i am having the problem with But when i save the file it shows they are removed but when i go back and remake the category i still get the message.

( The SEO path specified is already in use with another item. A unique one has been specified for you. Please check and amend if necessary. )

and in myadmin it shows the new category's but not in the shop when i view in the shops admin.. 

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

So what version are you on? Have you created the error_log?

The Version is 6.1.8  there is no error log in maintenance to do with the category's the only log is to do with ( CubeCart_GWorks_Advanced_Shipping ) and while looking i did notice that in the store info it shows ( Categories 57 ) should be around 21 as i deleted a lot trying to fix my site when it got hacked a little while ago when i was not well...

On 10/06/2017 at 10:54 PM, Dirty Butter said:

Create Error Log

Sounds like you should consider paying for CC Support for a month.

Made an error log like the steps shown and 2 things happed error log got bigger and 2nd it broke the site

(Apache Server at www.emanoncards.com.au Port 443 ) is the message now showing when you go to the site. Admin still works.
Looks like i may have to get the Support for a month.
Before i had 2 strokes a few yrs back i had no problem with getting around the site now i am much better (than i was ) getting back to listing over 100000 trading cards.
This brick wall keeps biting back..