PHP in site document.

violinman

This is the code, it is a much more sophisticated contact form that I have been using on my old site.

<?php

$contact_form = 1; // set desired form number.

$contact_form_path = '/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/contact-files/'; // set path to /contact-files/ with slash on end.

require $contact_form_path . 'contact-form-run.php';

?>

Thank you.

You are probably going to need to have that PHP code output to a smarty variable using a code snippit or hook. You can merge the contact-form-run.php file contents with your PHP code. Then, all you need in your document is the smarty variable, something like {$MY_VARIABLE}

The complexity really depends on what is in your PHP files you are including.

Putting PHP code in a Document, a product's Description, or a category's Description is nearly impossible. The text is treated by CubeCart as a value to assign to a variable. This variable and assigned text value never sees anything that could execute embedded PHP code.

As mentioned by Noodleman, there is a way by using hooks to get the results of what you may be wanting.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to learn how to do this.

Hi Noodleman,

I have printed out the article in question, it is certainly something I do need to learn how to do but it will be a week or two before I have time to have a go at it.

For now I have saved a live CubeCart page as a static page and are making the alterations I need in there.

Thanks for everyones advice.

Brian