Display Categories on Orders

rnewcomer

Good morning...

I have a couple of different people responsible for orders that come in.  Each is responsible for their own category.  When the orders come in, it shows each item line.  Is it possible to break these down by category?  Meaning... when the customer receives the email confirmation, it lists the items but by category.  This also goes for the individuals receiving the order notification.  Each person would be able to immediately see if the category they are responsible for is listed in the email.

Some of the questions that I have had, have been self-inflicted, or I have found the answer here.  Hoping someone has has a quick fix for this.  Thank you very much for your help.

RLN

I think I have seen a plugin in the Marketplace that sorts items of an order to individual fulfillment centers. (I've written one myself, as well.) But this approach supposes that those disparate parts of an order are managed and fulfilled by distinct entities.

So, as you say you have "different people", do you also ship an order in parts by category?

Yes, it is possible that there would be different shipments of the same order.

We do have items that are processed and fulfilled by different areas.  If an order came in, and it had:

• 3 - 55 gallon drums of cleaning solvent -- processed by manufacturing department
  • 4 cs - pipettes -- processed by the Lab
  • 2 ea - Drum containment stands -- processed by operations

So, what would be nice is when the order comes in all personnel that are notified will be able to easily see the the items that they are responsible for.

I hope that makes sense.  I looked through the Marketplace but nothing jumped out at me, maybe I was using the wrong search keyword.  Thanks for your help on this.

RLN