ve2nw

I recently upgraded to version 6.1.8 from 6.5 and when I try to log in to as one of my customers to enter an order received by phone etc. I can no longer log into customers account. It brings me to my main store page and I need to enter the customers e-mail and his password which I do not see. In the past I was able to log into customers accounts and make additions or adjustments no problem. Has anything changed?

I checked mine, and when I use the Login as Customer tab it takes me to the homepage, but I AM logged in as the customer. Please create the error_log and go through the process of logging in as a customer. Then report the results of the error log (be sure to mask your admin_XXX naming if it shows up in your error log results.).

Hello again

This is what the error log is showing;

[09-Jul-2017 03:20:32 UTC] PHP Warning:  Stored session data did not match DB record. Session aborted as possible session hijack. Old IP Address: '187.X.X.X' New IP Address: '187.X.X.X' Old User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/603.2.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.1 Safari/603.2.5' New User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/603.1.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1 Safari/603.1.30' in /home/replicas/public_html/classes/session.class.php on line 691
[09-Jul-2017 03:33:58 UTC] PHP Warning:  Stored session data did not match DB record. Session aborted as possible session hijack. Old IP Address: '187.X.X.X' New IP Address: '187.X.X.X' Old User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/603.2.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.1 Safari/603.2.5' New User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/603.1.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1 Safari/603.1.30' in /home/replicas/public_html/classes/session.class.php on line 691
[08-Jul-2017 23:34:38 Canada/Eastern] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/replicas/public_html/admin_xxx/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 850

[08-Jul-2017 23:34:38 Canada/Eastern] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/replicas/public_html/admin_xxx/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 850

Somehow, between when you click the link to visit the storefront as the targeted customer - and be logged in - and when you last pulled up the list of customers in admin, (CubeCart makes some security checks for every page request) the "User Agent" string of your browser changes - specifically the browser version number.

To: Safari 603.1.30

I am at a loss to explain how that can happen.

If this 'session data' changes when associated against the established cookie, CubeCart thinks some sort of shenanigans is going on and kills the logged in status.

A 'fix' regarding the User Agent string changing in mid-session? Is there anything weird about your Safari? Any strange add-ons?

If this "loss of session" happens on a regular basis and it is because CubeCart detected a change in the browser's User Agent string between a visit to the admin side followed by a visit to the storefront side, then I think the problem may lie outside of CubeCart.

Thank you. What is odd is that I do not use Safari. I am using Microsoft Edge and my tech fellow that does all the updates for me uses Chrome as his browser and the error message that I posted above is what he got on Chrome. So non of us uses Safari and yet a Safari loss of session is appearing?

My IP starts with 96 and my tech fellow starts with 187 as he is the one who ran the error log. We are both experiencing the same problem when we try and log in as one of my customers. 2 different computers in 2 different cities in different provinces and different browsers.