PHP Warning: Security Warning: Illegal array key

Claudia M

Hi

I just checked my error log and found thousands of these errors just for today!

Help please!

Claudia

[10-Jul-2017 16:02:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Security Warning: Illegal array key "$Path" was detected and was removed. in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 111
[10-Jul-2017 16:02:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Security Warning: Illegal array key "$Domain" was detected and was removed. in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 111
[10-Jul-2017 16:02:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Security Warning: Illegal array key "$Version" was detected and was removed. in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 111
[10-Jul-2017 16:02:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Security Warning: Illegal array key "$Path" was detected and was removed. in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 111
[10-Jul-2017 16:02:55 UTC] PHP Warning:  Security Warning: Illegal array key "$Domain" was detected and was removed. in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 111

Edited by Claudia M

These "look" like the parts of info passed via cookie.

The question is, what outside entity is sending these corrupted cookies.

You may be able to determine that by looking at CubeCart's admin, Statistics, Users Online tab.

If not, then examining the web site's access logs in your hosting control panel should reveal the IP address.

Then find out who owns that IP address.

We would need to add some diagnostic code to show what exactly the cookie contains.

I did find this:  The IP address A LOT!!!  I didn't know who they were so I looked them up.  IP 104.131.50.243 belongs to Digial Ocean, Inc. a cloud service.  Never heard of them.  also that OpenLinkProfiler.org  Don't know about them

104.131.50.243 - - [10/Jul/2017:18:40:14 +0100] "GET /deer-or-buck-in-the-woods-small-dreamcatcher.html HTTP/1.1" 200 18041 "https://www.claudiasbargains.com/sitemap.html" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; spbot/5.0.3; +http://OpenLinkProfiler.org/bot )"

What caused all my errors was a bot called Baidu.  Business is located in China, but the IP is from Brazil.  This is concerning.   Ian from Havenswift thinks it might be a spider making itself look like it is from Baidu when it actually isn’t. We both read that Baidu does not respect robots. txt, but this may be why.  It isnt Baidu at all !  Anyway, I added the following to my robots.txt.  I’m going to clear my error log and see what happens.  No more errors we know it’s Baidu.  Lots more errors we know it isn’t and .htaccess changes come into play.  Thank you Ian for all your help.

User-agent: Baiduspider
Disallow: /

and

User-agent: Baiduspider-image
Disallow: /

• Like 1