Error on deleting backup files and database

James S

Since upgrading to 6.1.8 we seem to have an issue with deleting backup files and the database from "dashboard - maintenance - backup"  the files do delete but this error is displayed;  /sources/maintenance/indexbackup.inc.php - not found.

Checking with FTP the path and file does not exist, should it?  has something gone missing? or what.... any ideas or anyone had the same problem.

James

Having upgraded to CC618 from a prior version several versions back, you may be experiencing a disconnect involving a new approach to obfuscating the admin directory.

Please confirm that your installation has only one folder named /admin_aBcXyZ/ and that there is no folder present that is simply /admin/ (where aBcXyZ is a sequence of random letters).

Also, examine the contents of /includes/global.inc.php to discern that the value for the ['adminFolder'] variable matches the name of the admin folder.

However, if this proves to be the cause, then probably much more about CubeCart would fail to operate.

10 hours ago, bsmither said:

Having upgraded to CC618 from a prior version several versions back, you may be experiencing a disconnect involving a new approach to obfuscating the admin directory.

Please confirm that your installation has only one folder named /admin_aBcXyZ/ and that there is no folder present that is simply /admin/ (where aBcXyZ is a sequence of random letters).

Also, examine the contents of /includes/global.inc.php to discern that the value for the ['adminFolder'] variable matches the name of the admin folder.

However, if this proves to be the cause, then probably much more about CubeCart would fail to operate.

The folder named /admin_rOqekV/ does match the variable adminFolder name in the global.inc.php file, however there was a second admin folder without the suffix (an old version I assume). There is no folder named maintenance in admin or admin_rOqekV  and no indexbackup.inc.php file anywhere on the site.

I have renamed the admin folder (to old_admin) and there is no difference to the sites operation, I still get the original error on removing a backup file.

I have been tracing the code for CC618 and have not found a specific cause. I have found where a problem might occur but only if the URL is bad.

CubeCart sends a message to the browser to make a page request (a 302 redirect) after deleting the file.

Are you able to discern what that URL is? It should be visible in the browser's address bar. It should be something like:
admin_xXxYyY.php?_g=maintenance&node=index#backup

3 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I have been tracing the code for CC618 and have not found a specific cause. I have found where a problem might occur but only if the URL is bad.

CubeCart sends a message to the browser to make a page request (a 302 redirect) after deleting the file.

Are you able to discern what that URL is? It should be visible in the browser's address bar. It should be something like:
admin_xXxYyY.php?_g=maintenance&node=index#backup

This is what I get as the landing page url after a delete

http://www.sitename.co.uk/shop/admin_srdcxI.php?_g=maintenance&node=index%23backup#backup

and get "%s deleted." in the red banner

Sorry, I wasn't on the computer and couldn't look at the code. In maintenance.index.inc.php about line 933

foreach ($sorted_files as $file) {
		$filename = basename($file);
		$type = preg_match('/^database/', $filename) ? 'database' : 'files';
		$restore = preg_match('/^database_full|files/', $filename) ? '?_g=maintenance&node=index&restore='.$filename.'#backup' : false;
		$compress = (preg_match('/.zip$/', $filename) || file_exists($file.'.zip')) ? false : '?_g=maintenance&node=index&compress='.$filename.'#backup';
		$existing_backups[] = array('filename' => $filename,
			'delete_link' => '?_g=maintenance&node=index&delete='.$filename.'#backup',
			'download_link' => '?_g=maintenance&node=index&download='.$filename.'#backup',
			'restore_link' => $restore,
			'compress' =>  $compress,
			'type' => $type,
			'warning' => ($type=='database') ? $lang['maintain']['restore_db_confirm'] : $lang['maintain']['restore_files_confirm'],
			'size' => formatBytes(filesize($file), true)
		);
	}
}

The delete link and the download link each have an #. I'm GUESSING that needs to be changed to commas somehow.

I think not this exactly.

In the code above, I think simply:

Find everything that looks like this:

.$filename.'#backup'

Change to:

.$filename

Leaving everything before and after on the statement line exactly the same.

Four locations.

Once CubeCart is finished with the job, the bounce will be to #backup - which means having it in the URL at these locations is superfluous and may be causing the problem.

Edited by bsmither

OK, altered the file and reloaded, cleared the cache, created a backup, then deleted it and the same problem occurs.

My maintenance.index.inc.php file only had 3 instances with .$filename.'#backup', the rungs with $compress and compress in did not exist.  Does the ',' and ':' remain after $filename?

My modified file;

foreach ($sorted_files as $file) {
        $filename = basename($file);
        $type = (preg_match('/^database/', $filename)) ? 'database' : 'files';
        $restore = (preg_match('/^database_full|files/', $filename)) ? '?_g=maintenance&node=index&restore='.$filename : false;
        $existing_backups[] = array('filename' => $filename,
            'delete_link' => '?_g=maintenance&node=index&delete='.$filename,
            'download_link' => '?_g=maintenance&node=index&download='.$filename,
            'restore_link' => $restore,
            'type' => $type,
            'warning' => ($type=='database') ? $lang['maintain']['restore_db_confirm'] : $lang['maintain']['restore_files_confirm'],
            'size' => formatBytes(filesize($file), true)

If it helps the puzzle the last upgrade was done on 10th June and I am sure there was not an issue with the deletion until last week, and no other site changes.  Al did the upgrade from version 4.0 to 6.0 in May 2015

Upgrade History

CubeCart Version Date
6.1.8 Saturday, 10 June 2017
6.1.7 Saturday, 10 June 2017
6.1.6 Saturday, 10 June 2017
6.1.5 Friday, 17 February 2017
6.1.4 Friday, 17 February 2017
6.1.2 Friday, 17 February 2017
6.1.1 Wednesday, 23 November 2016
6.1.0 Wednesday, 23 November 2016
6.0.9 Friday, 29 January 2016
6.0.7 Tuesday, 20 October 2015
6.0.6 Monday, 6 July 2015
6.0.5 Monday, 15 June 2015
6.0.4 Wednesday, 20 May 2015
6.0.3 Wednesday, 20 May 2015
6.0.2 Wednesday, 20 May 2015
6.0.12 Thursday, 25 August 2016
6.0.11 Friday, 15 April 2016
6.0.10 Friday, 29 January 2016
6.0.0 Wednesday, 20 May 2015
5.2.9 Wednesday, 20 May 2015
5.2.6 Wednesday, 20 May 2015
and more before this ...

If your copy of maintenance.index.inc.php, starting near line 933, does not have a $compress statement, then you are not at CC618.

I have a suspicion that the file /includes/functions.inc.php is also not at CC618.

It may be the case that your installation of CubeCart may be a mix of two or more versions.

Download CC618. Unzip the file on your local workstation to some folder.

Using an FTP program, simply upload the contents of that folder having the FTP program to overwrite everything.

The database will not be molested.

Then, make sure the name of the admin folder and admin.php file are the same as the values in the file /includes/global.inc.php (which should not have been overwritten as this file is only created on installation and is not included in the distribution package).

That's good - have tried the problem site on a test domain and all looks to be working well now.  

Just for completeness on the instructions...

Having FTP'ed the new folders and files to the domain,  Deleted the 'setup' folder, the old 'admin_******' folder and the old 'admin.php' file.  As you say the global.inc.php file does not get overwritten.

Incidentally when using a test domain with an alternative path to the live site, documents lose their link to any in-bedded images as the path is changed - do you know of anyway round this without opening up each and every image link and editing the path?

Many Thanks for your Invaluable Help and Assistance Again. - I am sure I will be back before long!

James

Links to all page resources are not hard-coded. That is to say, CubeCart figures out the address used to get to it, and uses that to construct a full URL for the page's resources.

However, unless changed in CC618 (I have not yet checked), CubeCart creates a complete menu navigation in HTML and caches it. Thus, when accessing Site-A using a different URL, the menu still has the prior links.

But, CubeCart's templates have relative image links - requiring the browser to re-use the domain address of the page that is requesting those images.