Cubecart Site Frontpage integration

djcaseanova

I love Cubecart and have used it for many years.

I am in the process of starting up a new business/site but I am hoping to have more site integration. I am looking for the best CMS or HTML design that will integrate nicely with Cubecart. Is Wordpress the best thing to use for this? I do not intend on modifying the site much at all, but need something that is easy to modify if necessary. Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish....

https://www.coffeebeandirect.com/

I like how everything is there on the frontpage. I do not know what cart they're using, or whether or not it's wordpress etc.

Is Cubecart capable of this? I have tried everything under the sun and I can't get my cart to look like this.

CubeCart will not integrate into anything. It can exist in a sub-directory, while other apps can sit in the parent directory and sibling sub-directories.

Other functionality cannot integrate into CubeCart other than what plugins can provide.

The site you mention is using Magento, and has all the same components (positioned elsewhere).

14 hours ago, djcaseanova said:

I am looking for the best CMS or HTML design that will integrate nicely with Cubecart. Is Wordpress the best thing to use for this?

Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish....https://www.coffeebeandirect.com/     I like how everything is there on the frontpage. I do not know what cart they're using, or whether or not it's wordpress etc.  Is Cubecart capable of this? I have tried everything under the sun and I can't get my cart to look like this.

OK, I have taken the above two points out of your OP.

1) You can combine WordPress with CubeCart but they are not integrated as such.  You can develop a WP theme to match your CubeCart skin so tha it looks like an integrated site.  We have developed custom WP themes based on existing or custom built CubeCart skins and to use them, you have a choice of :

(a) CubeCart at the top level with WP installed in a sub-directory (say for example /blog) and a link to that from the CubeCart menu.  This is most often used where you want to have an active blog or other manageable content.

(b) WP at the top level with CubeCart in a sub-directory such as /shop and this is less commonly used but useful if the main purpose of the site is to provide a content driven site that also sells things

2) That could be accomplished using CubeCart and simply needs a custom skin. The concept of having everything full width is a good one and much more modern and is something we started to do with our Retail Therapy skin (which currently just has a full width slideshow section) and the next release will have be full width by default with the current layout as an "old style" sub-theme.  However, most of that example site could be done now with that skin plus two of our plugins (Multiple Homepage Documents and Manage Site Document Location)

Ian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

2) That could be accomplished using CubeCart and simply needs a custom skin. The concept of having everything full width is a good one and much more modern and is something we started to do with our Retail Therapy skin (which currently just has a full width slideshow section) and the next release will have be full width by default with the current layout as an "old style" sub-theme.  However, most of that example site could be done now with that skin plus two of our plugins (Multiple Homepage Documents and Manage Site Document Location)

Ian

I understand linking back and forth between the subdomains for CC and WP.

Custom CC skins are unfortunately beyond my capabilities. However, you mentioned possibly a full width layout which is exactly what I am hoping for. When do you expect that to be released? And I will look into the plugins you mentioned. Thanks!

I hate the idea of leaving CC to go to something like woocommerce and a WP site simply because of skinning capabilities!

Do you have a demo of the retail therapy skin? The listing for it doesn't have a demo link or anything. Also, the plugins you mentioned, their demo links aren't working.

4 hours ago, djcaseanova said:

However, you mentioned possibly a full width layout which is exactly what I am hoping for. When do you expect that to be released?

Do you have a demo of the retail therapy skin? The listing for it doesn't have a demo link or anything. Also, the plugins you mentioned, their demo links aren't working.

Demo of the Retail Therapy skin can be seen at https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk - this is out of the box with a couple of our plugins installed (including the two I mentioned earlier)

I dont have a timescale on the full width version but it shouldnt be too long as have several other people after it as well - best bet would be to register as a client at our website and then open a ticket asking to be updated when the skin is released

Ian