Product review does not display special char

Stevanovich

Hi Stevanovich,

I think I have the same issue. I noticed that it occurs only when the product description is truncated, as we can see in the attached screen copy:

product_info.png.868ba9db3902fe2b051bdbbbde4e10ea.png

Hope this will help to find a solution.

Kind regards

Benjamin

CC618 will use the product's Short Description if it exists. If not, the product's Main Description will be used after stripping away all HTML tags.

Whichever is used, if the description needs truncating, the first action is to decode entities, such as " to a quote mark. But the use of this function employs the ENT_COMPAT filter which does not convert the apostrophe - &#39.

The second action is to discard everything after the product precis limit.

The third action is to re-encode all the entities. The use of this function will see &#39 and encode the ampersand - '. Thus, at the browser, after decoding &, we still see '.

In the file /classes/catalogue.class.php, near line 218:

Find:
return htmlentities(substr(html_entity_decode($short_description, ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8'), 0, $product_precis), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8').'…';

Change to:
return htmlentities(substr(html_entity_decode($short_description, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), 0, $product_precis), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8').'…';

This will be fixed in CC619.

• Thanks 1