Modify Order and payment

jka

Any chance that we can allow customer to modify an existing order (I am able to do it through Admin console), but the limitation right now is to get the payment from the customer through the normal store front for the difference. 

I haven't tried this recently, but the admin can create a new order, and for the inventory item, enter an arbitrary phrase such as "Additional shipping costs for order 1234". Fill in the rest of the form. The customer should then see the order in their Order History and (this is where I do not know if this now actually works) be able to make payment.

"allow customer to modify an existing order"

With enough additions to the coding, CubeCart can be made to do it. I am not saying how this could be done, only that it can.

I wasn't aware of that, so just tried. It seems to work well.

I did something similar earlier in the week, but created a dummy product using the original order number as a product code.

Then created a fresh order for the customer, using my dummy product.

Edited by keat

• 4 years later...

Here we are 5 years later. It seems like it is still the case that the customer can not pay for an admin created order. Is this true? If so, what is the point of the admin created order?

I was hoping to be able to create a custom order for someone, I didn't want to have to create a coupon just so 1 customer could get a special price once.