Sharing Inventory

niallB

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions. 

I have set up  a new site to focus primarily on one group of products that I also sell on my main site. I want to import only these categories and products to the new site. What is best way to do this?

Also I want to create a shared inventory between the two. For example if a product is sold from one site it deducts from other. Any thoughts? 8-)

As of now, CubeCart is not coded to have anything but a dedicated connection between itself and its database. Thus, a second store using the same database would be really complicated to modify CubeCart code to do.

What you might be able to do is have two different domains pointing to the same installation of CubeCart, and minimally code CubeCart to show a specific skin for that other domain. This skin would be coded to show certain selected categories.

With other interesting small code changes, only select portions of other aspects of your store would be shown (documents, languages, etc).

Cheers guys. I'll check with noodle and see if he has something.

What I had in mind was something like google Base that you can set it to update at a certain time of day or else something I can do manually. 

Thanks for pointing out the Google duplicate issue. To avoid this I could change the meta description and title on the products on the new site but set the transfer thing to only update name and stock level so that the 2 websites will be different

"What I had in mind was something like google Base that you can set it to update at a certain time of day"

This sounds like a timed, repetitive event at pulling data from CubeCart. If so, CubeCart allows for responding with a custom report (CSV or XML) having received a properly formatted page request. It will be up to the requester to have the timed trigger.