Unable to upload pictures on new update 6.1.10

slic535

I have updated to 6.1.10 from 6.1.9 using the patch. After I updated it said (the setup part) it was updated to 6.1.10 but in the shopping cart maintenance it says its still 6.1.9.  when I add an item, I have to upload the wording and then go back to add the picture. am I missing something for it to do it all at once and then upload? also I have had some people put through an order and it will charge them but not show anything in the shopping cart.

I think the patch included two files: the one file with a code correction that would otherwise cause PHP to crash, and a file with a grammatical correction.

I do not recall seeing a new ini.inc.php file. It is in this file that some parts of CubeCart use a constant value to know what its version is at. Also, the patch did not add an entry to the CubeCart_history database table with the 6.1.10 version, which other parts of CubeCart uses to determine at what version the database is at.

I believe the code to assign an image is still assuming there is a product_id in the database table CubeCart_inventory. Only until after the new product's data has been inserted, will CubeCart then work with any changes to the set of images assigned to the product. (However, I think the code could be rewritten to assign images during the same process as inserting the new inventory record.)

This image procedure has been this way for all of CubeCart's history. Is your experience any different?

New code has been added to CC619/6110 to remove items from the cart if they went missing - for some reason. I do not yet know how that change to the code works.

But if you are actually referring to the storefront's Shopping Basket not showing newly Add to Basket items, I think that may be an aggressive caching issue by your hosting provider.

Or are you referring to a View Basket page with no items listed?

Edited by bsmither

I used to be able to put everything in at once with the picture and heading with description. now I have to put in the heading and description and upload it then go back into it to upload the picture. Some pictures wont show even after I upload them to cubecart to be uploaded online. I cant find them in the picture listing to put a mark on them. Yes my experience is very different on this end to as the way it was. also the heading when I goto an item need to be filled in because there is only half of a heading. I thought the patch was supposed to fix that.

Edited by slic535

I upgraded my php to php stable (5.6). will that mess with it? should I put it back to php 5.4.  the items add to the basket, that's not what I am saying. whats happening is the picture part wont let me put a picture in it. it will act like it loaded the picture in cubecart for me to checkmark from the list above but it didn't add the picture to the list. so I see the picture below and the list above without the name of the pic in it to be marked for use.

Edited by slic535

PHP 5.6 is the better choice compared to PHP 5.4 - provided all the necessary PHP extensions are still enabled.

Please try having your browser force re-load all the page's resources (javascript, CSS and image files). This is usually done with CTRL-F5.