Import Spreadsheet

Marques

I have trouble importing my speadsheet price data.

everything works fine one the TAX does not work.

In the Netherlands the Tax is 6 & 21% but in Cubecart it works fine only i don't know how to write the data in the spreadsheet so that Cubecart imports it.

Does somone have a import speadsheet that imports al data so that i have a idea of what i am doing wrong.

Regards Ricardo

Welcome Marques! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

In CubeCart, tax is calculated, not specified. So, please do not believe it can be imported from an external source.

In admin, Taxes, CubeCart comes with a stock three tax classes: Standard, Reduced, and Exempt. These are generic, semantic names. If you wish to have any other tax class, like "Pittance", add it here. Then Save.

Returning to Taxes, see the Tax Details tab. For however Netherlands names the actual taxes, add them here. There may be a name for the 6% and a name for the 21%. Then Save.

Returning to taxes, Tax Rules tab, here is where you specify the 6% for that tax detail and class. Same for 21%. Save.

To make it easy, the Tax Classes tab will allow you to mass assign a given class to all the inventory. Then, for products entitled to any other tax class, you will need to individually edit those on the Product's Pricing tab.

5 hours ago, bsmither said:

Welcome Marques! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

In CubeCart, tax is calculated, not specified. So, please do not believe it can be imported from an external source.

In admin, Taxes, CubeCart comes with a stock three tax classes: Standard, Reduced, and Exempt. These are generic, semantic names. If you wish to have any other tax class, like "Pittance", add it here. Then Save.

Returning to Taxes, see the Tax Details tab. For however Netherlands names the actual taxes, add them here. There may be a name for the 6% and a name for the 21%. Then Save.

Returning to taxes, Tax Rules tab, here is where you specify the 6% for that tax detail and class. Same for 21%. Save.

To make it easy, the Tax Classes tab will allow you to mass assign a given class to all the inventory. Then, for products entitled to any other tax class, you will need to individually edit those on the Product's Pricing tab.

Oke so the i no way of importing a tax rule , it's strange way the is a tab with ( tax_Type-------Tax Class-------Number--------Tax Class ID--------2----) in the bulk import tool.

I have already tried to import a mass tax and it works fine only it also ads tax to the wrong product .

Is the a way to a assign mass Tax to only 1 selected part of the products , so i can for example only add tax to catagory wine an not fish.

If not i wasted a lot of time trying to mass import tax :D

Regards Ricardo

https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/32/41/how-do-i-use-the-bulk-product-import-tool 

Here you find the reference of my top line.

Edited by Marques

Having a column in the imported file to indicate a tax class by number -- I haven't studied that. It might be new.

But specifying the actual tax amount, which is what I thought you were asking, is something I doubt can be done (without customizing the code).

I have not seen a plugin that will mass assign a tax class to chosen categories.

However, a SQL query (outside of CubeCart) can be written to do that.

You might be able to do this manually with something like excel.

Using PHP Admin. Make a copy od the inventory table (just in case of problems)

Export the inventory table, open with excel and sort by cat_id.

Now all products from the fish category will be aligned, you could modify the tax type using drag and drop.

When completed, import the inventory table back in.