Custom skin and content editing disabled in 6.1.10?

jvbh

Hi — I just upgraded my store (www.heyday-mo.com/catalog) to 6.1.10, and a number of things went wrong — most obviously that the old skin is gone, and the whole thing has seemingly reverted to a new template. (Old version visible at https://web.archive.org/web/20170608131604/heyday-mo.com/catalog)

I can work with the new design, but if possible I'd like to get the old one back up and running. More of a problem is that I can no longer edit product descriptions or page content — the area in the editor is blank, with no visible way to edit. For example, the product description tab only shows text saying "Short Description (Optional)". Screenshot below. The pages still show the old/original content, but I can't see any way to edit it. Same or site pages, such as the blog.

Thank you for your help — this is pretty crippling to my store and business!

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 12.55.04.png

Edited by jvbh
screenshot added

View the page and press Ctrl + F5 to hard refresh clearing the cache. If you are on a Mac press Cmd + F5 instead. 

You lost your skin customisations because you didn't follow stage 1 of this and as a result the upgrade overwrote your changes:

https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/202/46/how-do-i-create-a-custom-skin-or-template

The Wayback capture suggests the skin is a somewhat modified CubeCart 4 skin called "Classic". Yet, the screen grab of the admin suggests you are running CubeCart 6.

So, if you actually got a CC4 skin re-coded to run under CC6, good on you! (I am trying to re-code CC3's Killer.)

Still, if the name of any existing skin folder is something other than "foundation" (and I see that the skin folder here is called "heyday"), it would not be over-written. And I have not seen any code where CubeCart 6 would intentionally delete a skin folder even if it wouldn't run on CC6.

As far as the admin screen anomalies are concerned, you say you upgraded from CC6.1.8. Are you sure?

The missing editors was a problem when upgrading from CC615 - maybe earlier than that - and was directly caused by a lot of new code in admin.js for the version upgraded to, where the web browser was using its internally cached copy of the older version. Forcing the web browser to reload admin.js and other page resources (CTRL-F5) solved that.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, Al Brookbanks said:

View the page and press Ctrl + F5 to hard refresh clearing the cache. If you are on a Mac press Cmd + F5 instead. 

You lost your skin customisations because you didn't follow stage 1 of this and as a result the upgrade overwrote your changes:

https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/202/46/how-do-i-create-a-custom-skin-or-template

Hi Al — to clarify — would this have been a step when the skin was created, or for this upgrade? 

Edited by jvbh

I re-ran the upgrade, and now the items listed no longer display images. (http://www.heyday-mo.com/catalog/)

I can now edit product descriptions, but what can I do to fix the image display issue?

When uploading the folder "Includes," I received the following error message:

Could not delete “extra”  - Server said: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty 
Error -126: remote rmdir failed

Any help very appreciated!

2 hours ago, jvbh said:

Hi Al — to clarify — would this have been a step when the skin was created, or for this upgrade? 

It's impossible for me to know. If it wasn't done then the upgrade would have overwritten any customisations. It should have been done when any customisations were made. 

53 minutes ago, jvbh said:

I re-ran the upgrade, and now the items listed no longer display images. (http://www.heyday-mo.com/catalog/)

I can now edit product descriptions, but what can I do to fix the image display issue?

When uploading the folder "Includes," I received the following error message:

Could not delete “extra”  - Server said: Can't remove directory: Directory not empty 
Error -126: remote rmdir failed

Any help very appreciated!

What do you mean be rerunning the upgrade? You can't just do it again expecting it to fix the issue unless it was restored to its previous state. Issues like this are impossible to advise about as we don't know the history and what has and hasn't been done. The server error is probably due to cache as it's not got the expected file structure.

If you can roll it back to how it was before or if you have a backup of how it was prior upgrade we could get this all done for you via tech support. 

37 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

It's impossible for me to know. If it wasn't done then the upgrade would have overwritten any customisations. It should have been done when any customisations were made. 

What do you mean be rerunning the upgrade? You can't just do it again expecting it to fix the issue unless it was restored to its previous state. Issues like this are impossible to advise about as we don't know the history and what has and hasn't been done. The server error is probably due to cache as it's not got the expected file structure.

If you can roll it back to how it was before or if you have a backup of how it was prior upgrade we could get this all done for you via tech support. 

I uploaded the new CC files again via FTP, and it seems to have fixed the admin cache / inability to edit issue. Hard resetting the browser cache didn't work, on multiple computers and browsers. The image issue is a new one this time, so I'm wondering where that might have come from.

I do have a backup of the files and database. I didn't customise the skin; it was in place when I came on board, so I don't know how it was done. I'm less attached to keeping it, more concerned about getting the site up and functioning correctly!