Confirmation email to customer not working

jvbh

Hi there — I upgraded to 6.1.9 recently (heyday-mo.com/catalog), and the order confirmation email that goes to a customer is now disabled. Is there a setting somewhere that I have to change to turn this back on? I've looked and cannot find one. The template is still there under the "Email Contents" tab.

Any upgrade from a recent version would not have "switched off" or changed whether or not a customer gets an email.

They should always get an email, unless that particular email for that order was already sent.

According to the log, a customer's email failed to send (Sent column has an X).

Any pertinent log entries in CubeCart's admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab?

Will the email send if you click the Resend icon?

No sign of the customer emails in the admin email log, just the emails to the store admin when an order is made. There's no trace of the "Order Confirmation" emails that used to be sent, although there have been 8 orders placed since the upgrade. A notification email goes to the admin, as before, but none to the customer.

The error log lists the following multiple times:

File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [1866] "SELECT I.* FROM cc_CubeCart_inventory AS I LEFT JOIN (SELECT product_id, MAX(price) as price, MAX(sale_price) as sale_price FROM cc_CubeCart_pricing_group WHERE group_id = 0 GROUP BY product_id) as G ON G.product_id = I.product_id WHERE I.product_id IN (SELECT product_id FROM `cc_CubeCart_category_index` as CI INNER JOIN cc_CubeCart_category as C where CI.cat_id = C.cat_id AND C.status = 1) AND I.status = 1 AND (I.name RLIKE '[[:<:]]toads[[:>:]]' OR I.description RLIKE '[[:<:]]toads[[:>:]]' OR I.product_code RLIKE '[[:<:]]toads[[:>:]]') ORDER BY condition ASC LIMIT 12 OFFSET 0 " - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'condition ASC LIMIT 12 OFFSET 0' at line 1

Thank you for your assistance, very much appreciated!

The query includes this bit:

ORDER BY condition ASC

First, 'Condition' is not a stock choice to sort by on the Advanced Search page. This must have been added after-market.

Second, 'Condition' is a reserved keyword in MySQL. See: https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1747

Third, a failed search of the catalogue should not prohibit the Mailer from sending emails to customers on successfully concluded orders.

You say eight orders have been placed. Have any of those orders progressed to the Processing or Complete status? The stock behavior is that customers do not get an email when an order remains at Pending. The Print Order Form gateway module is only one that actually sends an email from CubeCart at Pending.

Ah, one step closer! The orders now say "Pending" when placed, whereas before they said "Processing." I'm including a screenshot of the Store Settings — is that where I would change that?

Re: the "order by condition" issue — I don't quite understand; what do I need to do to fix that?

Thanks again for your help!

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 10.57.50.png

The setting image above is for notices sent to the admin - which you say you have no trouble with.

If you were to manually move an order to Processing (or the customer successfully paid for it), then we need to determine if CubeCart sends an email to the customer.

Please let us know by what means you have added "Condition" as a choice in the Advanced Search page Sort By drop-down selector.

As soon as we work through the code, we should have some edits to be made.

Thanks! I'm checking on the customer email (pending/processing) question now. Can I change a setting so that orders go directly to "processing," as before?

I don't see "condition" in the drop-down (so maybe it doesn't display/work if that is already a reserved keyword?) ...I didn't build the store, so I don't know how it was set up, unfortunately. Removing "condition" as a search option is totally fine, if that would fix the problem.

One more question — before this upgrade, after a customer placed an order, a confirmation page would display with a custom message saying that their order was received and they would be receiving payment instructions via paypal. That message no longer displays; it's replaced with a standard/stock "no payment method has been defined" message (which is how the site intentionally works, not a problem in itself) — where can I find the option to edit that message?

" I don't see "condition" in the drop-down "

Interesting. Please take a look at CubeCart's admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Product List Sorting".

There is a conversation on these forums (I think) that discusses this. The order will go to Processing regardless if it was paid, or not. (Processing status implies it was paid.)

Assuming the custom phrase was not a case of having edited an actual template to say that, changes to the language phrases is done at CubeCart's admin, Languages, and click the Edit icon of the language you wish to change.

On the drop-down presented to you, choose the Confirm phrase group. A few seconds later, a list will show up. The phrase you want will probably be one these.

Changes to a language in this way will be databased and will survive an upgrade.

Ah, I see where the "Condition" option is showing up — I was looking at the front end. Thanks, will investigate the language settings.

Orders stay on "Pending," and do not advance to "Processing" as they did before the upgrade. Is this an error in CubeCart? I ran across a few mentions on the forums of similar problems with Paypal (which we're not using) and something about a server timing out, but I'm not clear on what would be causing it in this case. Any insight appreciated!

We may want to look at any and all error logs that may be available. So, create the error log, and also look in CubeCart's admin Error Log pages.

You are wanting to look for any errors that be happening at the same time the order is being made (plus or minus the timezone shift if the error log says UTC).

Please see: https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51457-resolved-order-stuck-on-pending-smarty-syntex-error-in-error-log/

Edited by bsmither

On 9/29/2017 at 12:14 PM, bsmither said:

Assuming the custom phrase was not a case of having edited an actual template to say that, changes to the language phrases is done at CubeCart's admin, Languages, and click the Edit icon of the language you wish to change.

On the drop-down presented to you, choose the Confirm phrase group. A few seconds later, a list will show up. The phrase you want will probably be one these.

Changes to a language in this way will be databased and will survive an upgrade.

I found the phrase group following your instructions, and  "confirm_page" just has "Confirmation Page" entered in the box — do I enter the text there that I want to appear on the confirmation page? Or should I see the "condition" phrase in there somewhere?

I'm still getting the "no payment methods" message upon checkout, after clicking the final "checkout" button — any way to remove that and replace it with my own custom phrase? (Customers pay separately via Paypal, not through CC.)

I'll try creating the error log as you suggest, but I don't see anything in the error log via Admin panel, other than the same MySQL database error... doesn't seem to be related to order processing(?)

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 14.48.05.png