Bulk print Invoice address missing from printer paper

shaununouk

In the unsettled orders, when I select 4 orders to print as in

Check box(4), Dont change order status, then, print an Invoice, Go

The first address will print and then the next 3 address will not print on paperwork. (customer delivery address top right corner just blank)

All four customer address are showing on the Invoice print page that appears when you press go but they do not all print.

I am currently just printing each order Individually and marking as order complete with no problems.

Anyone else come across this problem.

I tested this on CC6110, and I had the browser show me a "Print Preview". This (supposedly) will show what the actual printed document will look like.

(And I have actually modified the template just a bit to not print an extra blank page.)

If the order has notes to print, there will be that page containing the overall template (logo, store address) an also the Note - but no other data. All other pages do show the customer address block.

Do you recall if this just started happening with CC6111?

Please verify with your browser's Print Preview. The Customer Address block is in a floating div, and may get repositioned when the width of the document's outer-most boundaries are narrowed to the width of your printer's printable area.

Thanks for quick reply, I did have this happen on previous version 6.1.8 but managed at the time printing orders one at a time, I have just now only had time to mention this problem on the forum.

I have just done the browsers (firefox) print preview, the address are missing from page 2 onwards.

• 1 month later...

Was there a solution to this?

I've just encountered the same problem having changed my browser from Chrome to the new Firefox Quantum. I'm on CC6.1.12, which works perfectly on Chrome (and the older Firefox I was running before), however on FF Quantum the symptoms are as described above, i.e. the customer address prints OK on the first invoice but blank on the second and subsequent ones. It also shows as blank on the Firefox Print Preview. I've tried adjusting the page margins ("Page Setup") but this has no effect.

Until Mozilla fixes this, here is a work-around:

In the admin skin file print.css, near line 112, find:

.page-break {
    page-break-after: always
}

Change to:

.page-break {
    margin: 1px;
}

It will be difficult to force the browser to reload page resources because in doing so, the actual page is reloaded. However, in calling this printable PHP page, there is a PHP statement at the end that deletes this file.

So, we will make a temporary edit that will cause the browser to believe it needs to load the print.css file everytime, and not use the browser's internal cached version.

In the admin skin template orders.print.php, near line 17, find:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="../{$SKIN_VARS.admin_folder}/skins/{$SKIN_VARS.skin_folder}/styles/print.css" media="screen,print">

Change to:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="../{$SKIN_VARS.admin_folder}/skins/{$SKIN_VARS.skin_folder}/styles/print.css?{$smarty.now}" media="screen,print">

I've tried that and got it to work, but I needed to re-order the lines in the print.css code.

Instead of:

.page-break {
}

I had to use:

.page-break {
}

Your original code resulted in the information being present but with no page-breaks between the invoices.

Thanks for that, Brian - let's hope Mozilla soon get their end sorted! :thumbsup: