Upgrading to 6.1.12

Currently sitting on 6.1.1

I used to upgrade from admin no problem but since above upgrade there has been no upgrade link that works.

I have read about problems re upgrade on here and seen info on how to upgrade, but I have not seen an upgrade for dummies instruction.

I have not been able to fully understand the upgrade instructions especially about replacing files and so have been reluctant to have a go in case it all goes pear shape.

So has someone got a point by point upgrade "how to do it" that they could kindly let me have or point towards?

For example when it says replace such and such a file or rename a file, exactly what to rename it and where exactly to find the file.

Sorry for being a noob.

I'm not sure it can be explained in any more detail than in the standard instructions. https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6

Is there any particular bit you don't understand. We could rewrite it for those with zero experience of web development but it would be very lengthy. There also isn't really a "one size fits all" solution.