Attach images and documents to orders

rnewcomer

Here is a question that might have already been answered.  But I am looking for a way to attach images/documents to an order.  Is that possible or is it an plugin?

Documents:  For each shipment, we create a Bill of lading.  Once the Bill of Lading is created, the shipping team faxes (yeah, I know... faxing, right) to the customer.  It would streamline our process if we could just attache the bill of lading to the order.

Images:  We have and some of our shipments damaged en route to the customer.  We have now placed a Go Pro on our forklift and the shipping team takes a picture (voice activated) of the shipment as it's loaded on the truck.  The image is then automatically uploaded to the Go Pro cloud.  The shipping manager, accesses the image repository, creates an email and sends the the image (with bill of lading) to the customer.

If I could attach these two items to the order, we would have historical data for reference and save a step in our process.

Thoughts?  Thank you.

Ioncube is a PHP extension (commonly installed on commercial hosting platforms).

It's purpose is to execute code that has been pseudo-compiled and obfuscated so that reverse-engineering is (virtually) impossible. This allows code to enforce licensure restrictions - as well as completely hide what the code does.

11 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Ioncube is a PHP extension (commonly installed on commercial hosting platforms).

It's purpose is to execute code that has been pseudo-compiled and obfuscated so that reverse-engineering is (virtually) impossible. This allows code to enforce licensure restrictions - as well as completely hide what the code does.

So then I cannot use this "plugin"?

R

1 hour ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Within your store admin, go to Server Info and search to see if IonCube is showing as being installed - as @bsmither said, many hosting companies will already have it installed and if not, then you can often ask them to install it

Ian

I host on my own server, so I must install ioncube on my Ubuntu box?

R

Edited by rnewcomer

Still, in CubeCart's admin, at the bottom of the left side navigation, click PHP Info.

The footer block of the top-most table says: This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:

with additional lines following which will indicate any installed special extensions such as: XDebug, IonCube, Zend Encoder, Zend OPcache, etc.).

Having given up on Linux, from what I recall, it is some kind of command that reconfigures PHP after having retrieved the extension from a repository.

However, in PHP's extensions directory, look for a file something like ioncube_?_?_?.so. If it's there, then it should be a simple matter of adding the extension reference in PHP.INI. (Then maybe restart the PHP fastcgi service and/or the web server.)

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

Having given up on Linux, from what I recall, it is some kind of command that reconfigures PHP after having retrieved the extension from a repository.

However, in PHP's extensions directory, look for a file something like ioncube_?_?_?.so. If it's there, then it should be a simple matter of adding the extension reference in PHP.INI. (Then maybe restart the PHP fastcgi service and/or the web server.)

Well, that took longer than I had hoped.  But, I now see:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.0.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies

So, maybe I should get this a this Havenswift plugin a whirl.

R

On 10/19/2017 at 10:41 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

Thanks @Noodleman - beat me to answering although I do have the excuse that I am in Seville for business meetings !

That plugin is not yet available on the marketplace but is available from our website here : https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/clients/cart.php?gid=19

Ian

I installed it - and we are working.

However, I guess I didn't go far enough in my explanation as to what I was looking for... Once the document(s) is/are attached to the order, is it possible for the customer to access these files?

RLN

On 10/26/2017 at 7:55 PM, rnewcomer said:

However, I guess I didn't go far enough in my explanation as to what I was looking for... Once the document(s) is/are attached to the order, is it possible for the customer to access these files?

As per the support ticket, that functionality isn't available yet but isn't too complex to add and will explore this with you via the ticket

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

The ability to attach documents to customer accounts and to orders that are then optionally visible to the customer, is now available in the latest version of the plugin available here : https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/attached-documents

As with all of our plugins - a free 7 day trial is available !

Ian