Changing 'county' name in drop-down menu

Big Gee

Hi All.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the file I need to edit to correct a county name in the drop-down menu when registering an account in a CC v6 web-ste? The home county of the site owner is actually incorrect. 'Cardiganshire' is no more. It has been called 'Ceredigion' for a considerable number of years. I need to change it to rectify this mistake.

Many thanks in advance -

G.

It is all databased. In CubeCart's admin, Countries/Zones, Add Zone tab, choose the country you want to manage (United Kingdom, for example), then enter the State/County/Province/Territory, then enter the abbreviation for it (probably three letters). Click Save.

Optional: On the Zones tab, page over to the UK group (starting at page 9), find Cardiganshire and delete. But if any orders use this, then there will be confusion later on.

You may wish to create a Github issue to have Ceredigion added to the database.

Thank you Brian. As usual, you've come to the rescue.

Now is the time to do it, because the site is not officially launched yet, so there are are no bone fide registered accounts - apart from a couple that have ben set up by admin for testing purposes.

I think I will create a Github issue with regards to replacing Cardiganshire with Ceredigion, because the county of Cardiganshire was abolished in 1974 by the Local Government Act 1972 — and it was succeeded by the renamed county of Ceredigion on the 2nd of April 1996. So whoever compiled the database of counties in Cube Cart must have been drawing on a very old reference. It's not very professional to give a choice of a county name that's over twenty years out of date! Especially as a considerable amount of business is expected in from Ceredigion.

Edited by Big Gee

There are a number of discrepancies. If I recall Middlesex isn't in there.

In the end I created a whole new county list, however, Ceredigion  wasn't on my radar.

I also included Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey as counties.

Did you submit your list as an update to Github keat?

I know it's a relatively easy task to edit the list in the 'Country/ Zones' section in the back office (once you realise it can be done), but in reality it should be a little more accurate in the first place. The default list is impressive but slightly inaccurate at present. If Ceredigion was 'not on your radar', then here's a list of the counties in Wales. Incidentally, Wales is not listed as a country either - it's just lumped in under UK, which is also not quite accurate.

Here's a list:

Screenshot-2017-10-20_counties_of_Wales.png.d584fc4117a217cc970c56ad42cf2aa1.png

These are all counties associated with post codes.