No email notification

vickif

New install of cubecart, still testing, I am not receiving any email notifications as the administrator, of orders, nor am I, as an ordering customer, receiving any emails either. Help? And, the email log is empty, too. Have tested several times.

P.S. playing with settings, under Dashboard>Settings, Order status for admin email notifications - it is set to Processing.

However, when an order is placed, and I view Orders they are listed as Pending - but when I change that to Processing, I'm getting the email notifications.

So, is there another place to set Pending to Processing in any of the other Settings?

Edited by vickif
Pending to Processing

An order goes to Processing when the gateway determines that payment has been successful. (Or the admin manually moves it to a particular status.)

The customer does not get an email when the order goes to Pending (except the POF module), and neither will the admin if set to send an email at Processing.

There is a conversation on the forums that discuss a code edit that will have a gateway module move an order to Processing regardless whether it has been paid for or not.

You ask about "another place". What is it exactly that you feel would make whatever you are doing easier?

I'm having several issues with this install, I'll contact tech support early next week to pay for tech support. Besides no email notifications coming to customers (and only to me as admin when I set Features>Pending, if I set it to Processing nothing is emailed even to me); and:

the quantity of a specific item isn't being configured on checkout (I'll send them screen shots).

Plus, I can't upgrade to .12, giving me error messages and will not take the info I'm giving it if I try to do it manually, telling me I don't know what I'm doing. 

P.S. Using the same exact settings for a previous cubecart for a conference, figured I'd have no issues, but, well...

www.ostastore.com/shop

Edited by vickif
tech support