Secure Checkout button not working.

violinman

Hello, I had this same problem a few months ago but not sure how I managed to resolve it.

I am using the Galaxy X skin, when a customer tries to purchase the "Secure Checkout" and the "Update Basket" buttons do not work so it is not possible to checkout and pay.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Brian

View Basket:
Using that particular product, I cannot make any changes (e.g., quantity), so updating the basket is pointless. But clicking that button does post the form and I get a new page returned.

Checkout (_a=confirm):
I get the form to fill in my name and address.

Is this where the problem manifests itself?

Do you have CubeCart requiring a response to a Captcha? Do have CubeCart requiring the customer to check a box for "Agree to a Terms & Conditions" checkbox? Neither the captcha nor the T&C checkbox is shown. Which will block the checkout sequence if required.

Do you have CubeCart requiring a response to a Captcha? Do you have CubeCart requiring the customer to check a box for "Agree to Terms & Conditions" checkbox? Neither the captcha nor the T&C checkbox is shown. Which will block the checkout sequence if required.

Edited by bsmither

Captcha is not required, interesting point about Terms & Conditions though, I would have removed that at some point a few months ago but maybe it is still required!

Where would I disable that requirement? I don't think it is a toggle in admin anywhere.

I appreciate your thoughts, the "Terms & Conditions" is certainly worth considering.

Brian

There are two aspects: javascript-powered 'required' validation, and CubeCart 'data-present' validation.

Since the page is not submitting, the problem is with the rules found in the file 3.cubecart.validate.js.

What I am not sure, but makes sense - sort of - is that if there is a rule that a field is required, but the field does not exist, then is the rule still enforced?

For example, line 163:

username: {
          required: true,
          email: true
      },

This field is hidden if the "Already Registered? Login" is not activated. So, if something is hidden, or not even present, the rule for it has to be ignored - that just makes sense (I hope).

So, I'm reviewing the rules and matching them up with fields that may not be showing, but are not hidden either.

I also see this near the HTML for the Checkout button:

<input type="hidden" name="proceed" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="proceed" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="proceed" value="1"></form>

I do not know if three of these inputs will confuse anything.

That is added via javascript when the button is clicked. So it can't confuse anything.

Edited by bsmither

It might. If the browser determines the SSL certificate does not match the domain, or if the "path" of the cookie does not match the path of the website (such as path=cube), then the browser will not allow a form to submit.

But I see nothing wrong with the cookie.

Edited by bsmither