default language change

peterp

Hi All,

I have unfortunately setup a cubecart v6 site that has a default language of UK-English which  causes county to be displayed and not State so does anybody know how I can change this default setting to be US-English

Thanks for your help in advance

best regards,

Peterp

Download the EN-US language pack. Unzip it and place the files in the /language/ folder. Place the flag image in the /language/flags/ folder.

Admin, Languages. Check the Status box for English (US).

Admin, Store Settings, General tab, Default Language, set to English (US).

When Cubecart created the initial admin, the language in use at the time of setup may have been applied to this admin. So, the admin screens will appear that way. Admin, Administrators, Edit your profile, Default Language, set to English (US).

Log Out. Log In.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply and I have implemented the suggested changes and that works however, when I create and order the 'Address' on both the Billing and Deliver to still show 'county' is it possible to change this and if so where would I change it.

As usual thankyou for your prompt support it is very much appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

This might be a remnant of Smarty having compiled the template, and the file in the skin cache may have the prior language phrases. But this is just a guess.

Perhaps clearing CubeCart's cache will cause the template to be compiled with the correct language strings.

Hi Brian,

I have run the clear cache and unfortunately there is no change is it possible that 'county is hard coded into the checkout process. My reasoning behind this is when I run the the checkout process I have Firefox firebug active and it shows the county I think hard coded, maybe I'm wrong due to lack of knowledge what do you think.

Regards,

Peterp

Viewing the rendered HTML that has already arrived at the browser is too late.

We must look a the template itself.

Please remind me what you are doing exactly when you see "County". You said:

when I create and order the 'Address' on both the Billing and Deliver

Is this on the storefront (customer making an order), or in the admin (admin creating a new order for a customer)?

Also, enable Cubecart's debugging and enter your IP address in the adjacent field (www.whatismyip.com). This will show the language CubeCart is using for this session.

CubeCart's default language strings (definitions.xml) has for [address][state] is "State". Only when the language en-GB is being used is "County" used.

So, either you are using a third-party skin, or CubeCart thinks you still want to use the UK language.

Is the language picker showing on the storefront?

Hi Brian,

We see the 'county' in the storefront processing (Customer entering the order). When we use the create and order in the 'Admin'  'State' appears therefore it is correct, its seems to be only on the customer ordering from the store front. I have  created a copy of the 'Mican' template. I have tried the same processing using the unchanged template 'Mican' and the same result occurs. I have turned on the debugging and entered my IP address. We are currently operating this site on a localhost setup until we get it right.

Hope this is the information you required.

Regards,

Peterp

My copy of the Mican template content.checkout.confirm.php is using {$LANG.address.state} as the field's label.

In the debug section, under SESSION, '__client', what do you have for 'language' and 'user_language'? Then, if you are logged in as an admin while viewing the storefront, under '__admin_data', 'language', and also under '__admin', 'user_language'.

Hi Brian,

When I'm logged in the admin dashboard the language = en-US and the user-language is en_US

When I go into storefront the language = en-GB there isn't a user_language

regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

I think I have found the problem, it was in the language settings in Admin, there were 2 languages there one English-GB and one US-English-US so I deleted the English-GB and this seemed to solve the problem

Thanks for all of your help with this problem

Best Regards,

Peterp