Related PRoducts

huggettm

Not sure what you mean by manually setting related products in bulk but have you seen the plugin from @Noodleman https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/related-products-manual-automated-recommendations - we have clients using this and it works well and is already integrated with our Retail Therapy skin which we are discussing in another thread

Ian

my module does not have an interface to allow import of a file, however you could import data directly into the database table where manual related products are stored.

The table is called "CubeCart_related_prods" and you simply need to add the product ID of the parent item, then the ID's of the related items. you can define an sort order as well.

You can use an application such as Navicat to quickly import data into the DB from a file

Edited by Noodleman

there could be a requirement to add some indexes to the database tables the module uses which will boost performance. This shouldn't be impacted by cache and is likely a database level performance issue.

If you are willing, I can look directly at the issue for you, review the SQL queries and tune the tables via indexes as required to check if performance improves. Alternatively, I can provide some SQL queries to run, and if you share the results with me I can recommend indexes to add on specific tables.