Can not Import an Exported Catalogue

z80CPU

I am trying to export all the products from a store and then to import them to another store.

1 store: I press Export Catalogue, it opens a new browser tab containing many rows, I copy all into clipboard, then paste into an empty text-file = size 144.8 kb.

2 store:  I press Import Catalogue, press Browse button, select the above file, press Save, then on the next page press Save and I see some activity happens, but nothing is Imported.

How to do a successfull Import into store 2 ?

Thanks!

We have positively concluded that connecting two stores to the same database will not work as well as it may appear at first.

May we ask why you want to have two stores with the same contents of the inventory? Will the inventory eventually diverge?

There are solutions for enforcing distinct customer-bases with respective pricing (and hiding prices), and solutions for different appearances (skins).

Currently do not work store 1 nor store 2. Store's 1 database contains about 60 products. Store's 2 database is empty.

I would like to migrate from store 1 to store 2, because I afraid I have broken one or more files into strore 1.

And finally I like more the domain name of store 2.

6 minutes ago, bsmither said:

So, if you plan to abandone Store1, then it is OK to have Store2 use the existing database.

I am planning to abandone Store 1. How to do Store2 to use the existing database which contains about 60 products ?

Edited by z80CPU