Stock remains at 1 ?

tinytoes

Hi, 

Just recently installed and getting to grips with cubecart, but no matter what i change the stock levels too it remains as 1 on the storefront 

Ie i go to admin put in i have 10 units of stock but on the actual store front it says just 1 

What am i doing wrong 

Welcome tinytoes! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

When you return to edit that product, is the number 10 still there?

As a test, change some other apsect of that product - it's "Product Code" or "Price" for example. Then, on the storefront, is the Product Code or Price the same or different?

If it did not change, then perhaps your hosting provider has an overly aggressive page caching mechanism in place.

If it did change, but then the Stock Level always says 1 regardless of it's real value, we may need to look at the skin logic.

Edited by bsmither

stock level is always 1 regardless , i can change the price and that updates right away - i am on the default skin , it's called foundation i think - cheers for the help 

Ok i think something must be broke php wise as if i try to check it out i get a blank page as well here http://tinytoes.unaux.com/cube/index.php?_a=checkout

Edited by tinytoes

Sorry it took some time to return ( normal life away from the internet ) - seems it was down to a dodgy install - i need to set it up to take paypal and offer free shipping to uk only - one of the installs gave me the blank page on checkout.

I think i have solved my 1 only showing - this is actually add to basket ?

My problem is - it doesn't show how many i actually have in stock so that's my issue for now , is to show how many of that item i have , if that makes any sense - getting there slowly - I did add that error file but when i checked my ftp logs , don't see a error report , if i check via cubecart admin panel it says i have no errors as of yet either - hope this helps now i have tried to explain it a bit better ?

It does say a error message if try to purchase more than in stock ie , i try to buy 12 - i get The following errors were detected:

Sorry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available.

It then corrects it to the maximum of 10 units - so all is ok as it should be except is there a way to tell a customer how many is in stock in the first place ?

Sorry to be a pain  but if you don't ask you're never going to learn :)

• Sorry, you can't buy more than we have. We have automatically reduced your quantity to the maximum available.
Edited by tinytoes
Spelling

Cheers , it doesn't show it on the actual page as such just in the description / specifications ( after some searching , that's why i have missing it before ) is there a way to show on the products main page as well , maybe under the cart button ? Will save them searching for stock levels , or getting a warning 

I have tried to add a image so you can see what i mean 

Noname.jpg

Noname2.jpg

The template to edit depends on the skin, so for the latest version of the Foundation skin, using a programmer's text editor, edit /skins/foundation/templates/element.call_to_action.php.

At the end of the file, add:

<div class="row collapse"><div class="small-12 columns">{if $PRODUCT.stock_level}{$LANG.catalogue.stock_level}: {$PRODUCT.stock_level}{/if}</div></div>

Then, for the Category listing, in content.category.php:

Find (there will two instances of this - change both):

{elseif $product.ctrl_stock && !$CATALOGUE_MODE}

Change to:

{elseif $product.ctrl_stock && !$CATALOGUE_MODE}<div class="row collapse"><div class="small-12 columns">{if $product.stock_level}{$LANG.catalogue.stock_level}: {$product.stock_level}{/if}</div></div>

Since you have edited a skin template, you may need to have CubeCart clear its cache: admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear Cache.

Cheers so much for your help , i have notepad++ and it always seems to work well , will go edit them now and keep my fingers crossed 

Thanks so much for the help :)

Ok sounds a bit strange but i don't seem to have this file /skins/foundation/templates/element.call_to_action.php

I do have this one is this it element.product.call_to_action.php ?

I don't want to edit the wrong files is all

All sorted did exactly as i asked for , thanks so much :)

Noname.jpg

Edited by tinytoes
add to it

That's fine i found it anyway - just one last thing , can we edit it so it shows on main page under LATEST PRODUCTS as well as i would have the perfect set up then , i know i have been a pain , just i am so gratefull of your help in gettin git set up , the easier i make it for them , the easir not having them ask me daft questions is all :)