Import digital products

Andrewg1639

Is there anyway to import digital products by CSV?

I accidentally clicked "erase and replace data" when importing some products and it erased all my digital products.

I do have a CSV file which I previously exported which has all the products on it, however I can only seem to import tangible products.

Can this CSV somehow be imported as digital products?

Welcome Andrewg1639! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

On the CSV import, there should be a column named 'digital' and a column named 'digital_path'.

CubeCart automatically assumes a product is digital if the value in the column 'digital' is not zero. The value in 'digital_path' must be a path to the file, if necessary, or an empty string.

If a custom path is used, then 'digital' has a value of 1. Otherwise, the value is the "file_id" of the related record in the CubeCart_filemanager table.

Edited by bsmither

Thanks bsmither, thats what I was expecting, however when importing a file with these columns added "digital" & "digital path" I have the following problems.

When I go to step 2 of the import there is nothing to map these two columns to, all the other fields are there except for digital and digital path.

Secondly if I let the import go through without these two columns mapped it obviously imports them as  Tangible products.

Please verify the version of CubeCart you are running.

Then, examine the contents of the admin file sources/products.import.inc.php. Near line 297, there starts the assembly of an array named $fields. Two of the array elements should be 'digital' and 'digital_path' (just after 'stock_level' and 'stock_warning').

So, for each incoming CSV column, you have a drop-down selector containing all these language phrases. The drop-down list may be quite long. In the list, find Stock Level and Stock Level Warning. What is in the list after those?

Edited by bsmither