Checkout Proceedure

huggettm

Has anyone changed the checkout proceedure so that alternate checkouts are more easily seen.

For example on foundation, you have to go to basket/secure checkout and then only after the fields to enter text for name address etc is the option for paypal checkout (which doesnt need forms)

can this be added as a link to the view cart popup?

You might want to look at the PayPal Express Checkout  Gateway.

I believe this is shown right from the start of the checkout process, allowing users to checkout directly using PayPal and thus skipping the registration process.

I am using
PayPal Website Payments Pro & Express Checkout integration. with express only enabled?

if a customer is not logged in (a new customer), the option to checkout by paypal does not appear until after the address info is asked for

Edited by huggettm

Technical idiot here so apologies if I am way off the mark. Is this due to the postage cost/ shipping destination needing an address before the cost of postage can be calculated and therefore the total can not be confirmed hence no button? Where as, with a registered customer the delivery address is automatically there when they are signed in so postage charges are calculated automatically.