Help Needed -

shipo

Hi - Easily confused here, and trying to work out a couple of things that I just cant figure out.

1 - I changed the husbands website to cubecart ,  When I try to find it via  www.gravetales.co.uk in the address bar - this comes up Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.  Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.  - you have to put www.gravetales/ecommerce - how do I get rid of the  /ecommerce bit?

2 - I cant get the tab at the top to say Gravetales - it says Primatech Paper - I have been into maintenance and cleared all cache except images and it hasn't made any difference.

Really hope someone can help me in plain easy to understand words!! - thanks Shipo

Welcome shipo! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

1. I would guess that www.gravetales.co.uk points to a certain folder on your hosted account site, probably something like /public_html/. There may be nothing in that folder except for another folder named /ecommerce/. It is likely that CubeCart has been installed in that folder.

You have three options:

A. Make www.gravetales.co.uk point to /public_html/ecommerce/
B. Create a sub-domain such as shop.gravetales.co.uk and have it point to that folder
C. Move all the contents from /ecommerce/ to /public_html

Because there may be no valid document for the web server to send out (index.html, index.php, etc), the web server may have no choice but to advise the visitor that permission is denied.

2. In admin, Store Settings, General tab, make changes to the Store Name (and everything else).

Thanks Bsmither - I have managed to sort the tab out - after spending 2 hours - the first part is still a mystery to me - think I will have to pay someone to do this for me!!!   - thank you for taking the time to help x

Edited by shipo
spelling mistake